Abbott AQR Program Manager Facility Management in Abbott Park, Illinois
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function:
- Provides Quality oversight and cross site leadership within Abbott’s Integrated Facility Management sustaining governance structure.
- Serves as global Quality lead by facilitating communications for Facility Management services across sites in all regions (Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia).
- Establishes Quality contractual requirements with suppliers and evaluates their compliance to agreed standards.
- Ensures supplier’s key Quality performance indicators, service levels, and contract obligations are achieved across all regions.
- Leads and participates in development of regional Quality strategy and execution of programs with IFM providers, Abbott businesses and their sub-contractors that deliver tangible improvements in the region.
- Supports organization in developing, analyzing, defining, and gaining management approval for, and implementation of strategic and sustainable solutions that provide significant benefit to facility management, facility maintenance, and utility processes.
- Assures Quality functions within each business is well informed and aligned with strategy.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Ensures IFM suppliers and subcontractors meet Abbott Quality policies and procedures.
- Proactively coordinates with Quality leaders at supplier, corporate, division, and site levels to achieve and maintain required service levels and KPI's for assigned region. Balances the needs of sites with the overall FM vision, business goals, and supplier contract terms.
- Participates in monthly or quarterly as determined and agreed upon, performance reviews with the supplier and divisional leadership within the assigned region.
- Ensures ongoing IFM excellence through rigorous evaluation of quality service levels against contract obligations and development of strategy and tactical plans to address any deficiency.
- Effectively communicates information to all sites within region and proactively escalates quality issues and opportunities within the global IFM governance structure.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal customers and suppliers. Anticipates the business needs and works to assure required quality training and programs are established to support needs.
- Leads the Quality Work Stream and with the businesses, sponsors Quality or Supplier Quality programs and projects to improve and standardize quality processes across divisions and sites.
Must analyze, evaluate, make decisions and obtain buy-in from varying levels of quality management across multiple Abbott divisions. Must possess an understanding of quality, compliance, business and management principles in order to interface with all levels of engineering and management and assure appropriate requirements by business type are met. Must understand Abbott’s diverse business units (Diagnostic, Medical Device, Nutrition and Pharmaceutical) and their product risk profiles. Solutions to problems must be scalable and satisfy technical, financial, quality and regulatory requirements on a global basis. Must demonstrate excellent leadership and negotiation skills
Position Accountability / Scope:
- Reports dotted line to Director of Global Facility Management or equivalent position within the global IFM governance structure.
- Position reports solid line to Director, Quality Business Support.
- Makes quality related decisions in support of the One Abbott global FM initiative.
- Interacts frequently with site Quality Heads, site leadership, site FM leads, and country managers from the supplier and with other roles as required.
- Scope includes existing assigned sites and new Abbott sites within region. Site type includes manufacturing, distribution, R&D, and administrative.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in technical discipline: Engineering, Sciences, and Operations Management. MBA is desired, but not required. Certifications in ASQ, project management and Lean Six Sigma desired, but not required.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- 10 years combined experience in areas of manufacturing, quality, engineering and project management with people and budgetary management.
- 10 years combined experience with Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Nutritional GMP regulations in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates professional maturity, integrity and judgment that inspire confidence of senior management.
- Interacts well with diverse groups across divisions, maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators and builds effective relationships with customers.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences, while optimizing overall divisional goals.
- Results driven and strives for continuous improvement. Motivated by a high sense of personal performance expectations.
- Ability to manage complex programs in a dynamic environment interacting with various levels of management.
JOB FAMILY: Quality Assurance
DIVISION: AQR Abbott Quality and Regulatory
LOCATION: United States - Illinois - Abbott Park
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 25 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.