Abbott Phaco Specialist in Abbott Park, Illinois
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 73,000 people. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Primary Job Function:
Represents Abbott Medical Optics (AMO) Phaco Products to appropriate customer base within a designated geographical area, placing major emphasis on increasing the adoption of the Phaco equipment that includes the Signature Phaco emulsification machine and the Sovereign Compact. Assigned sales goals are achieved through creative, consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. marketing plans. The Phaco Specialist provides technical product knowledge and in-service support to ensure customer satisfaction. The Phaco specialist will utilize the local AMO Territory Manager, Refractive Implant Specialist, and Corporate Accounts Representatives to enhance productivity, create and solidify key relationships, and ultimately enhance the selling process. Works synergistically with all other AMO sales personnel in co-selling efforts to strengthen AMO’s customer value. Will be in the OR the majority of the time working hand-in-hand with Ophthalmologists with surgical technique, efficiency, and all aspect of cataract surgery to enhance patient safety and to play a key role in getting the surgeon to have desired outcomes. Complies with required reports and requests, effectively manages AMO field assets to include consigned products, surgical instruments, surgical equipment, sales force automation and ancillary items.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Achieves assigned unit, sales and profit objectives for Phaco portfolio and related consumables. Demonstrates and sells equipment to appropriate customer segments and executes U.S. Marketing Plan.
2. Provides expert knowledge about products and surgical techniques to potential customers. Utilizes demonstration equipment to familiarize and in-service customers. Assumes a proactive training role within assigned region and supports national training programs as requested
3. Demonstrates proficiency with computer hardware/software in order to prepare and provide detailed presentations to new and existing customers. Provides timely and accurate forecasts and activity reports to Senior District Manager. Effectively leverages and utilizes AMO resources and services to optimize product pull through
4. Efficiently manages all resources including sample accounts, demonstration equipment, surgical instruments, computer hardware/software and all other company assets. Manages expenses within assigned budgets
5. Serves as the key sales interface to the Area Director and U.S. Marketing regarding the equipment product portfolio. Provides information on product performance, enhancement opportunities and competitive activity.
Position Accountability / Scope:
Works closely with Territory Managers, Refractive Implant Specialist, Surgical In-service Technicians, Clinical Application Technicians and Area Directors to achieve objectives. Majority of time is spent in the OR with the surgeons using the equipment for desired patient safety and successful surgical outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, Analytical skills
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Understanding of financial decision making relative to asset management
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Strong contract/negotiating skills
- Ability to understand and transfer technical information on electronic circuitry and fluid mechanics
- Demonstrates a superior knowledge of Phaco techniques, wound architecture, refractive cataract techniques IOL Lens implantation techniques
- Demonstrate a superior knowledge of refractive procedures and surgical techniques.
- Ability to develop key strategies and execute
- Independent, creative and innovative thinker who thrives on selling in a consultative selling environment
- Proficient on Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to Travel
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
Minimum 3-5 years surgical sales experience. A med Device sale with an equipment emphasis is desired. Minimum two years successful sales experience with Phaco emulsification products desirable.
JOB FAMILY: Sales-Other
DIVISION: AMO Medical Optics
LOCATION: United States of America : Remote
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: United States - Washington - Seattle
WORK SHIFT: Standard
TRAVEL: Yes, 50 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: Yes
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://126.96.36.199/content/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://188.8.131.52/content/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.