Fairmont Reservations Coordinator in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for selling the rooms and services of The Fairmont Bab Al Bahr and preparing all details to ensure the stay of our guests will become a memorable moment in the heart.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Revenue Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Quality checks all reservations made yesterday ensuring ratecodes were accurately used and billing instructions are added.
- Follow 7 days and 3 days pre arrival check ensuring all special requests are coordinated to concerned departments and advance purchase reservation were charged accordingly.
- Book and enter room reservation requests using the Property Management System
- Enter and update group rooming list in a timely manner. Liaise with Sales Manager making sure that rooming list complies with the group contract.
- Update reservations ensuring a flawless check in and check out process
- Follow up and save required LPOs and back ups.
- Attends to group resume meetings.
- Track and charges No Show reservations.
- Prepares proforma invoice for individual bookings when required.
- Liaise with government relations for guests’ visa application.
- Prepares and investigates rebates and refund.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Administrative tasks as required by the Revenue department.
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites:
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi-Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 31.Jan.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: ADC01282