Indian Health Service Information Technolgoy Specialist (SysAdmin) in Acomita, New Mexico
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position is located at the Indian Health Service, Acoma-Canoncito-Laguna Service Unit (ACLSU) located in Acomita, New Mexico. The purpose of the position is to serve as the Information Technology Specialist and will provide technical assistance and guidance to the services and programs of the service unit, including support services programs, I.e., Finance, Purchased Referred Care, Third Party Collections, etc. relative to the maintenance and modification of the current IHS RPMS systems and LAN systems.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number IHS-17-AQ-1975558-DEfor eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
Area of Consideration: Government Wide
- Serves as the technical resources to the Supervisory IT Specialist and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Tribal projects, and Service Unit Organizational Components on all matters relating to date/video, telecommunications requirements, design, policy, procedures, training, standards, equipment, cost and schedules.
- Responsible for resolving complex system problems that result from unique hardware and software configuration, requiring the incumbent to isolate the problem according to hardware, software, telecommunications or user error and coordinates with other professionals to resolve problems not addressable locally.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of automated data processing systems within the service unit.
- Oversees and/or performs the installation of newly acquired IT equipment/systems and assure maximum benefit from managing these systems properly.
- Responsible for hardware and software administration, maintenance and support for the Resource Patient Management System (RPMS), Windows, and UNIX based servers, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network systems. Serves as a technical resource for the support of the Electronic Health Record System.
- Addresses Certification and Accreditation requirements including Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs)
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required within the Albuquerque Area IHS.
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
Applicants must have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that you work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and natur eof the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the specialized experience and selective factors stated below- Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties on the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the Information Technology (IT) Field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is Information Technology.
Your resume must demonstrate 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to GS-11 at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: Such as IT hardware and software, maintenance and support of the Resources Patient Management System (RPMS), Windows and UNIX based servers, local area network and area wide network. Provide technical resources for the support of the electronic health records system. Design and program automated systems for accomplishing work through the application of computer technology, implementing and configuring Vista Imaging or equivalent interfaces/alerts with health related server systems that captured and stored patient data through the application of computer programming. Selective Factor:
In addition to the qualification requirements, to be rated basically qualified for the position, applicants must demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of Resource Patient Management System (RPMS) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) computer systems standards, programming techniques, and equipment operation in order to develop and maintain application programs in a patient care environment.
- Knowledge of federal-related certification and accreditation requirements and Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) in patient care environment.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Monday, July 10, 2017
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
- Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
- Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligible was issued for this announcement.
- This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
- Government housing is not available.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472408700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $72,356.00 to $94,066.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2210-12/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; Schedule A, and /or PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Control Number: 472408700
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-AQ-1975315-ESEP/MP