Washington State Physician 3 - AHCC (Airway Heights, WA) in Airway Heights, Washington
Physician 3 Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC) Airway Heights, WA
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Physician 3 for Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC) located in Airway Heights, WA.
Airway Heights Corrections Center (AHCC) is a 2000 bed male facility located approximately 10 miles west of Spokane. The prison consists of a main facility that houses medium- and long-term minimum-custody offenders. A separate perimeter adjacent to the main facility accommodates a minimum-security unit for offenders with minimum-custody or lower.
Application assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
This position is responsible to direct and supervise a large medical and/or surgical service in the institution by:
Participating in medical treatment with consulting physicians.
Performing diagnostic and treatment of diseases and injuries of patients at the institution.
Working in collaboration with others to ensure staff and resources are in place to provide offenders with appropriate and timely medical services consistent with established standards.
Creating a work environment that values high ethical standards, emphasizes safe, high quality medical care, nurtures teamwork and encourages activities which lead to continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
Valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Washington (or the ability to obtain prior to employment).
Completion of an approved residency program.
Board certified or board eligible.
Possess strong interpersonal skills and experience in directing medical operations.
Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of individuals ranging from correctional administrator and staff, health care professionals to patient advocates and other laypersons.
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates. *Phone number *AND_ email address are required for all professional references._
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with people of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (360) 407-5748. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $169,308.00 - $222,192.00 Annually
Location: Spokane County - Airway Heights, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Job Number: 2014-08044
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact