Tech Valley Talent Data Specialists in Albany, New York
Tech Valley Talent, a woman owned business located in the capital district, is looking for a couple Data Specialists for a 1+ year contract in Albany, NY. Details follow:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports on program compliance by gathering pertinent data, identifying and evaluating options, and recommending a course of action.
- Improves program conformance by testing data, comparing data with established standards, and remediating data with customers.
- Evaluates EHR Systems capabilities by studying user objectives, testing software and exchanges.
- Facilitates customers through an onboarding process and tracks progress.
- Remediates data errors by training users, interpreting instructions and answering questions.
- Generate comprehensive reports with the aim of assisting health care providers in data testing
- Maintains historical records.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creating adhoc SQL queries to aid and support program requirements
- Apply program rules and policies to support health care provider’s compliance needs
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, information science, computer science or related discipline with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience demonstrating the following skills:
- Analysis of data in the areas inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data.
- Providing technical or data remediation support to customers.
- Developing queries using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with peers and senior staff.
- Strong written documentation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Professional businesslike image to clients and teammates.
- Strong computer skills, including experience using MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Visio, and SharePoint.
- Preferred experience designing, developing and querying databases in MS Access.
- Experience working with structured data
- Ability to seek help when needed
- Comfortable leaning different user systems and interfaces
- Preferred experience with health care data, HL7, or understanding of standardized data
For immediate consideration please apply online.