Grant Thornton LLP IS Audit Manager in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Manager to join its IT Advisory service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Manager will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Responsible for overall planning and implementation of IS testing. * Must address and resolve various technical issues as they arise, and consult with the other team members to validate that application controls testing and Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAAT) testing is efficient and effective. * Must apply background in auditing and computer systems to verify that any identified IS weaknesses noted are fully addressed and discussed with the government. * Supervise the day to day execution of one or more engagements. * Review Client deliverables and audit workpapers. * Work with partners to determine overall audit strategy and project management, including staffing and the engagement budget. * Communicate on a daily basis with client management and process owners. * Manage proposal and business development efforts. * Work with Firm leadership in the develop whitepapers and thought leadership documentation. * Actively coach and mentor junior staff. * Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management. * Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work. * Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Interview campus and/or experienced candidates.
- Prior federal audit experience is desired.
- Minimum six years of experience in one or more of the following capabilities: IT internal controls testing/auditing.
- Experience with FISCAM, FISMA, A-127, FFMIA and NIST SP 800-53.
- Knowledge of OMB A-123 documentation, testing and reporting requirements.
- CISA required.
- Secret Clearance Required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Coach and mentor junior staff members.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: IS Audit Manager
Requisition ID: 037323