Verizon Wireless Senior Billing Mediation Engineer in Alpharetta, Georgia
As an engineer creating Verizon’s critical production application infrastructure, your mission will be to deliver effective software design, development and testing that ensure customer call detail records are delivered on time to all internal subscribed systems including billing and customer care. You will be in the thick of creating scalable solutions that maintain 99.999% availability while accurately processing billions of dollars of revenue per year. Primary Responsibilities • Engineer, design, develop and test solutions for Data Mediation systems that collect and mediate data from various sources
• Write user documentation for developed solutions.
• Write and review technical documentation for developed solutions including requirements, design, test plans and installation guides.
• Conduct training for developed solutions.
• Understand various software development methodologies and technologies.
• Collaborate well on the phone and in e-mail with various teams across the country
• Provide 3rd tier support of Mediation applications.
• Conduct and participate in code reviews of mediation applications and associated components, including third party vendor products.
Qualifications Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience Experience:
• Application design (object oriented)
• Problem solving when there is not one correct answer
• 3+ years’ experience in the telephony industry, preferably with wireless carriers • 3+ years’ experience with professional software development experience that involved writing software design specifications, coding and test plan design and documentation • 3+ years’ experience with SQL, Oracle with knowledge of SQL Plus and PL/SQL • 3+ years’ experience with C/C++
• 3+ years’ experience with Perl
• 3+ years’ experience with Java
• 3+ years’ experience with XML
• 3+ years’ experience with ksh (Korn-shell)
• 3+ years’ experience with UNIX/Linux using common system functions (awk, sed, ect.)
• Experience with Python preferred
• Experience with DevOps tools preferred
• Experience with Agile development methodologies preferred
• Experience with MySQL preferred
• Experience with Tableau Other: • Knowledge and understanding of the contents of billing CDRs (Call Detail Records) from various network elements/gateways (Lucent AMA, Nortel, Lucent SMSC, AAA, WAP, MMSC, ASN.1) • Preferred knowledge of the contents of Internet Protocol Detail Record (IPDR) standard and/or the IS-835 standard • Preferred, at least 2-years of experience with mediation systems, such as Openet FusionWorks or other • Demonstrated strong technical and analytical skills • Demonstrates high level of accountability, ownership and sense of urgency • Demonstrated excellent ability to coordinate and work well independently and within a team environment to meet common goals. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communications skills • Demonstrates a positive, proactive role including: taking the initiative to identify matters of importance; resolving problems in a timely fashion; fostering a sense of teamwork • Demonstrated consistent follow-up on outstanding items
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.