Fairmont Food Runner in Amman, Jordan
As a Food Runner with The Fairmont Amman , you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our new restaurant feel unique and valued.
The Fairmont Amman will feature 290 luxurious guestrooms and suites including Fairmont Gold, the brand’s hotel within a hotel featuring amenities such as private reception and guest lounge. The hotel’s food and beverage offerings will provide unique concepts designed to add flair and sophistication to an already exciting city.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist the team by delivering the correct food to the correct tables in an efficient and timely manner.
- To ensure relevant information is passed on to the kitchen team to assist in the accurate delivery of food orders from the kitchen.
- To attend to all guest requests, being constantly aware of anticipating guests’ needs and to remain in the restaurant at all times during service.
To ensure orders will be taken promptly and food is served in a timely manner as given out by Fairmont and Savoy Standards.
To effectively manage your time and productivity whilst at work.
To ensure there is a clean, stocked station for smooth running of assigned stations.
To prepare appropriate mise-en-place, as polishing cutlery, glasses and chinaware.
To clean the Restaurant areas as required and directed by the Manager on duty.
To keep a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
To approach the guest in the correct manner as detailed by Fairmont Standards.
To use the guests name whenever possible, in accordance with Fairmont Standards.
To have full knowledge of the food and drinks menu, to be able to explain and recommend and sell dishes to our guest.
To follow and complete any instructions given to you by your Manager/s or leaders within the hotel.
To attend briefings and departmental meetings.
To speak English at all times within The Savoy.
To have good Micros skills and follow correctly the Micros billing system.
To a good work ethic and team work ability.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements:Jordanian Citizens Only
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Jordan-Amman-Fairmont Amman
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 07.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: AMM00212