Fairmont General Storekeeper in Amman, Jordan
To ensure proper storage and distribution of all food and beverage used by the hotel.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Amman will feature 290 luxurious guestrooms and suites including Fairmont Gold, the brand’s hotel within a hotel featuring amenities such as private reception and guest lounge. The hotel’s food and beverage offerings will provide unique concepts designed to add flair and sophistication to an already exciting city.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Store product in appropriate areas within the storeroom, rotating and dating product when necessary.
- Accurate distribution of products to the various outlets by way of inventory requisitions.
- Process outlet requisitions for products requisitioned by way of using a moderately complex computer system.
- Maintain general cleanliness and organization, in accordance with The Hotel standards along with Health Codes of the State.
- Communicate with the purchasing agents in an effort to make them aware of special items requested by an outlet.
- Communicate with outlets when requisitions are complete, special orders have arrived, and products that need to be issued from the storeroom.
Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
Keep receiving dock and storerooms clean and orderly throughout the day.
Participate in month end inventory process.
- Previous experience is an asset
Previous Guest service experience preferred
Seeking candidate with High School Degree
Must be able to speak, read, and write in English
Must have basic math skills and be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
Must have basic computer skills
Must have intermediate reasoning ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to solve simple problems
Physical*Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):*
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Will frequently be required to use a forklift, eclectic pallet jack, and manual pallet jack
Will frequently need to be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, talk or hear, taste or smell, twist upper body, and squat.
Will occasionally need to climb or balance and stoop or kneel.
Will frequently need to be able to lift more than 30 Kg
Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions and extreme non weather related heat and cold conditions
Visa Requirements:Jordanian Citizens Only
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visitwww.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Jordan-Amman-Fairmont Amman
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Colleague
Shift: Day Job
Closing Date: 07.Feb.2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: AMM00146