Festival Foods Meat Cutter in Appleton, Wisconsin
Job Title: Meat Cutter
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Meat Manager* *
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and that department goals are being obtained. Contributes to store profitability by producing meat products by following recipes and department cutting standards in order to provide guests with a selection of quality meats.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Responsible for all meat production including cutting, trimming, grinding, wrapping, marinating, sausage making, etc.
- Increases sales by ensuring visually appealing products
- Reduces shrink by following production lists, recipes, following accurate trim standards, and minimizing waste
2) Provides customer service to guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Taking special orders and other special requests and completing them in a timely manner
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
3) Maintains an adequate level of supplies in the Meat department by replenishing items as needed.
4) Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested.
5) Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
6) Required to maintain food safety logs
7) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of perishable foods
- Requires proper training and knowledge of certain equipment and procedures needed to complete the job
- Qualified applicants must be over the age of 18
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Meat Cutter is an hourly position that may be part-time (less than 28 hours per week) or full time (38-40 hours per week).
- The work schedule will greatly include mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed.
All Applicants that meet the above qualifications will be contacted by HR for a phone or in person interview
Requisition Number: 16-2137
Post Date: 2/22/2017
Title: Meat Cutter
Is Position Part-Time?: No
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 10
Work Hours: 1st Shift