Festival Foods Meat Service Counter Clerk in Appleton, Wisconsin
Job Title: Meat Service Counter Clerk
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Service Case Leader/Meat Manager* *
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and that department goals are being obtained. Maintains all stock levels in the meat department by replenishing products as needed. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of the service case such as inventory and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Provide customer service to guests
- Assist guests with supplying them with the items they need from the case
- Aid guests in finding items they are looking for on the sales floor
- Take orders and special requests
- Answer the telephone and assist callers using proper phone etiquette
- Ten tiling guests at all times
2) Packages prepared products
- Reduces shrink by using the appropriate packaging
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package
3) Fills, rotates, and removes products from the sales floor
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer date products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
4) Maintains an adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
5) Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
6) Required to maintain food safety logs
7) Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Meat Service Counter Clerk is an hourly position that is part-time (less than 28 hours per week).
- Shifts begin as early as 6am and end as late as 10pm. The work schedule will include weekends, and holidays.
All Applicants that meet the above qualifications will be contacted by HR for a phone or in person interview.
Requisition Number: 16-1229
Post Date: 2/1/2017
Title: Meat Service Counter Clerk
Is Position Part-Time?: Yes
Wage Range: HOURLY GRADE 06