G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc. Upscale Security Officer (Arlington, TX) in Arlington, Texas
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Upscale Security Officer (USO). As an Upscale Security Officer, you will will conduct armed and/or unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior). Control access and egress. Monitor CCTV and alarm systems. Compose reports. Deter criminal activity and misconduct. Perform other duties as specified in post orders. The USO will work at various assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice and performing other duties as specified in post orders.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Performs security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watches for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sounds alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permits authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observes departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigates and prepares reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintains written logs as required by the post
- Provides assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- While not required, prior administrative experience in a diverse environment is a plus!
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice.
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated the ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: *Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat *
Major activity: *Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing *
*Physical efforts to carry out job duties: *Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace*
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
Job Reference: SS48338
Number of Positions: 10
Job Category: Security/Protective Services
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: $11.17 - $11.17
Location: Arlington, Texas
G4S Region: Americas
Country: United States
G4S Business Unit: Secure Solutions
Closing Date: February 10, 2017