The Tatitlek Corporation Cloud Solutions Architect in Arlington, Virginia
Tracking Code 3241-205 Job Description
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Cloud Architect (AWS, Nutanix) who will be responsible for the following activities:
- Lead the design, implementation, testing, documenting of cloud infrastructures using Ansible to script deploying all infrastructure (IaaS).
- Develops and maintains documentation of cloud environments, integration platforms, data flow map, server inventories, network design diagram, entity-relationship diagram, process workflows.
- Defines/develops roadmaps and plans to migrate current application infrastructure to AWS Cloud and reduce hardware footprints and devises cost-effective ways to support cloud-computing environments.
Non - Essential Duties:
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications - Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Minimum 2+ years of good hand-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies. Experience with developing, building and operating sophisticated and highly automated Cloud infrastructure. Prior success in automating a real-world production environment a must.
- Hands-on experience designing and deploying available, efficient, fault tolerant, and scalable distributed systems based on best practices within AWS and/or Nutanix.
- Deep experience with git, to include forking and merging branches, pull requests.
- Experience with Ansible, or experience with continuous integration (CI/CD) and automation tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet and a willingness to quickly learn Ansible.
- Linux (Ubuntu or Redhat preferably) command line comfort.
- Experienced in system administration of scalable applications.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience developing web services.
- Strong programming/script skill in bash, Python, Perl, and/or PHP.
- Knowledge of OOP, MVC design patterns.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift moderately light items up to 25 pounds. Near visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone and keyboard; lift horizontally and vertically
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
- As assigned
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. Must have or be eligible for security clearances.
Native preference applies
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law.
Job Location Arlington, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular