Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Req ID 257798BR
Industry Job Title Software Engineer Sr
Job Code/Title E1073:Software Engineer Sr
Job Description The Advanced Concepts Laboratory (ACL) focuses on research in revolutionary information technology concepts including classified research and development. ACL is ATL’s center of excellence for independent and contract research and development for the classified and intelligence communities. ACL nurtures this growth by meeting the very specialized technology goals and security requirements of our classified customers while providing an environment wherein our technical talent can flourish beyond the leading edge.
The Advanced Concepts Lab is seeking a software engineer for a testing lead engineer. They will be responsible for looking to expand the existing testing architecture and technology for new feature, platforms, and customers. The engineer will work with others to craft solutions for both internal and external customers. The engineer will be working to expand a VM and hardware based testing infrastructure to meet immediate and future needs.
The ideal applicant will have experience in:
* Testing technology including design and implementation.
* Network design and implementation
* OS/Network/Application security and evaluation improvements
* OS/Network/Application secure design principles and development techniques
* OS/Network/Application vulnerability assessments
* Information Operations - Tactics and Technologies
Candidates should be self motivated and strong in the execution of research and prototype development, capable of technical contributions on proposals to external government research and development funding organizations. Candidate will be expected to work independently to determine and develop innovative approaches to research problems. The candidate will be capable of presenting research results and prototypes to internal and external entities. The candidate will have an extensive experience interacting with specific external customers
Basic Qualifications * Fundamental understanding and development knowledge of networking principles
* 2+ years experience with software testing
* Strong programming skills in Python
* Experience with virtualization (VMWare, VMWare EXS)
* Experience with Windows and Linux Operating systems.
*Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Desired skills * Current TS clearance
* Experience in software testing
* C/C++ development skills
* Experience in networking
* Experience in System Administration (Windows and Linux)
* Experience with cyber/computer network operations.
* Applicant will be based in Arlington VA.
Security Clearance Top Secret
LMCareers Business Unit ESS0386 ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY LABS
Business Area Mission Systems and Training
Department 0421:Advanced Technology Labs
Job Class Software Engineering
Job Category Experienced Professional
Relocation Available Possible
Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Req Type Full-Time