Microsoft Corporation Datacenter Technician in Ashburn, Virginia
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As a successful Datacenter Technician, your performance objectives will consist of:
• Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals across the Information Technology (IT) spectrum to execute on-site, hands-on physical infrastructure activity for IT equipment (such as Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows OS Support, etc.) physical cabling, parts/component replacements, physical hardware troubleshooting, and highlighting challenges – to enable efficient support of these DC operations.
• Executing work-orders via ticketing queues and systems in a fast-paced environment – leveraging your broad range of skills in support of incident management and change implementation for Microsoft's online services physically deployed in your datacenter(s).
• Flexibility to support the datacenter and delivery as a deployment-focused contributor when required
• Participating with inventory, spare, cable, and related asset management, in sensitive internal High Business Impact (HBI) environments; to enable external compliance and regulatory audit preparation activities.
• Providing excellent customer service, (via your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills) to bring your technical abilities to life while supporting Microsoft’s future success.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Business programs & operations