Robert Half The Creative Group Head of Events (Americas) in Atlanta, Georgia
The Creative Group is looking for an experienced Head of Events (Americas) for our clients team in Atlanta. Our client needs a Head of Events (Americas) with a proven track record in the successful strategic, operational and financial planning and delivery of complex events, and the effective management and motivation of a team.
The main purpose of the Head of Events (Americas) role is the management, planning and execution of our clients events, incorporating project management, operational and strategic planning, logistics, people management and liaison with internal and external departments.
- Working with the Operations Director, Global Head of Events, Event Director plus others to develop strategies and plans to enable the business to achieve both its financial and operational objectives and goals.
- Working with the Global Head of Events and functional Heads to positively challenge existing ways of working and identify and implement new operational models, best practices and processes to allow the business to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Working with the extended team of direct reports, Global Head of Events plus Event Director to ensure the achievement of high quality client delivery in a cost efficient environment
- Working with key stakeholders to develop new and innovative programs ensuring effective and seamless delivery.
- Managing the Operational delivery of the events in a culturally sensitive way whilst ensuring international standards are being adhered to where appropriate and necessary.
- Crisis planning and business continuity management
- Management of a functional team comprising of direct reports at senior and /or manager level, and numerous subordinates of those direct reports if appropriate.
- Overall management and responsibility for a team of full time team members and seasonal freelance team member
- Managing the professional and personal development of these direct reports, setting objectives and implementing plans and processes necessary to achieve these
- Where appropriate, mentor senior managers and managers within the team to ensure that they are providing appropriate support to their direct reports and the wider team
- Carry out appraisals/performance reviews as part of resource management
- Work with regional counterparts (events and exhibition) for resource planning and management of entire team across portfolio of events throughout the year
- Management of seasonal freelance event managers, directly or through line management
- Overall responsibility for team performance and team motivation, again liaising with regional counterparts to ensure group-wide performance and morale.
- Ensuring that plans are put in place for the team to be adequately resourced for the upcoming twelve months, demonstrating resource needs, making business cases and securing approval for new resource as necessary.
- Ensure that team have sufficient variety in the projects that they are allocated and that they are and provided with opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Overseeing the project management of all event related elements of the event
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to team members with the development of project plans and critical paths for each event, with clear financial and operational milestones highlighted.
- Where appropriate, leading regular and virtual team meetings / conference calls to ensure project is on track.
- Creating and presenting detailed project updates to Senior Management, including business cases for new projects and initiatives
- Analyze business systems and processes to ensure that they are as efficient and effective, developing new systems and processes
The Creative Group, a Robert Half company, specializes in placing highly skilled marketing, advertising, design, interactive and public relations professionals on a project and full-time basis with advertising and public relations agencies, Fortune 500 companies and small to mid-sized firms. We are faster at finding you work because of our strong network. We reach out to over 12,000 creative and marketing hiring managers each week. In addition to our free job search services, we provide our candidates with access to online skills training and a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Our parent company, Robert Half, once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016)
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Req ID: 00900-0008886576
Functional Role: Events/Promotions Director
Postal Code: 30346-1249
Compensation: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 per year
- Proven track record in:
- Understanding a vision and developing an implementable plan
- Development of event ideas
- Resource management, including recruitment
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Setting and securing approval for KPIs; Challenging and reporting feedback.
- Development and proactive management of milestones, project plans, project reports, and co-ordination of project teams
- Presentation content development and presentation delivery with minimal input from DLM
- Delivering complex reports, displaying analytical skills, presentation skills and providing the recommendation / solution
- Encouraging /motivating people to put forward new, innovative ideas
- Openness and flexibility to new ideas being proposed
- Negotiation of complex contracts, including multi-year deals and soft benefits, etc.
- Ability to keep suppliers to timeline, while building an open and flexible relationship.
- Cost management. Expect budget to be developed, both from scratch and working within BP.
- Handling internal and external customer service issues with sense of urgency and to satisfactory conclusion
- Demonstrable knowledge of analyzing figures in Excel files and using pivot tables
- Ability to communicate well and confidently using all forms of communication (email, written, virtual calls). Attention to detail and strong grammar (in written communications) very important
- Previous line management experience
- Ability to manage multiple budgets and present financial reports. Responsibility for following company processes in maintenance of forecasts
- Travel required
- Bachelors degree
- Experience of global large scale events of 50,000 attendees
- Experience of delivering events globally and awareness of sensitivities to cultural differences
- PMP certification, but certainly beneficial. The role requires the candidate to undertake, and pass, AGILE PM qualification.
- IOSH and First Aid qualified preferred, but not essential. Will put candidate through training
This Head of Events (Americas) position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast paced environment.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at The Creative Group at email@example.com. NO CALLS.
Also, follow me on LinkedIn for posting of new job opportunities: www.linkedin.com/in/creativegroupamanda