FleishmanHillard Managing Supervisor Technology, Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Our Corporate and Technology Groups are looking for a motivated, self-starting Managing Supervisor to join our Atlanta team. This position is great for a big picture-focused professional who wants to work on fully integrated communications programs for clients across both consumer and business technology. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, has strong tech media relationships and outstanding writing skills. This individual will be expected to contribute to a team environment, but also be capable of working independently or on geographically dispersed teams.
FleishmanHillard (FH), one of the world’s leading global strategic communications firms, specializing in public relations, social media, paid media, transmedia and public affairs. FH delivers on “the power of true,” reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
- Client-facing opportunity to work with great people and provide communications support to a variety of top brand name companies.
- Management, development and implementation of executive visibility, thought leadership programs, media strategy and outreach, events and product launches.
A typical day may include:
- Working with senior members of the technology team to manage and execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of comms for technology clients, including product PR, branding, corporate reputation, social media management and issues management.
- Working closely with trade, consumer and business media to shape and control communications that are in alignment with overall client and account objectives.
- Overseeing captivating, strategic communications plans, including being press releases, blog posts, messaging documents, social content and comprehensive PR plans.
- Developing, formatting and assembling creative presentations that outline strategic communications initiatives.
- Exploring the newest and hottest tech companies and products in the market.
- Group brainstorming creative ideas to achieve our client goals of standing out among their competition.
- Interacting with C-Suite executives to discuss strategy and business goals.
This job might be for you if you:
- Love and know how to manage and motivate teams and clients.
- Are a compelling storyteller and enjoy brainstorming and developing high-quality, written materials such as media pitches, blog posts and bylines.
- Enjoy an open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic communications practitioners.
- Geek out and have a strong knowledge of the tech industry and the ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood written materials.
- Have the ability to forecast and implement strategic public relations programs within a given budget.
- Are passionate about your career and enjoy both traditional and digital media.
- Are particular and pay attention to details.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and seek out and contribute to new business opportunities.
- Enjoy an open creative and collaborative environment where you can do your work sitting, standing or balancing on a yoga ball.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
We have to meet you if you:
- Have extensive experience working with both traditional tech media and bloggers for story opportunities.
- Have relationships with top-tier mainstream, technology and business outlets.
- Have fantastic energy and inspire others around you.
- 6+ years of experience in technology PR and an eye for creativity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- The Managing Supervisor will be expected to set program strategy and direction and be held accountable for leading and executing such programs.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2015; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the DAS Group of Companies, and has 88 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.