Robert Half The Creative Group Marketing Communications Manager in ATLANTA, Georgia
The Creative Group is very selectively searching for a Marketing Communications Manager for our client in Atlanta. The Marketing Communication Manager is responsible for developing and publishing of marketing communications content for online and offline media properties such as the client website, blog, annual report, collateral materials, social media and other programs. The Marketing Communications Manager will also support event plans and speaking engagements. This role will be responsible for driving a social media strategy and publishing compelling content across multiple channels. The candidate should be a digital champion and ready to help the agency increase its brand awareness and engagement online.
INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS:Oversees day-to-day execution of integrated communications programs in support of strategic business objectives, including collaborating with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and program teams on planning.
CROSS DEPARTMENTAL COLLABORATION:Builds and maintains a working knowledge of all departments and program areas. Serves as a highly effective link between program teams and marketing for strategy, ideation and execution.
MESSAGE DEVELOPMENT: Supports the creation of engaging messages, storylines and content for a variety of communications, media and channels, including online content, email, social media, presentations, video, web and collateral.
QUALITY CONTROL:Collaborates across the organization to ensure communications are cohesive, meet client standards and convey a consistent story to both internal and external stakeholders.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT:Oversees, develops and implements high-impact content for brand awareness, demand generation, PR and other promotional purposes, including website content, blog posts, social media posts, the client annual report, presentations, press materials, etc.
INTERNAL COMMUNICATION:Drafts internal communication, such as employee engagement communication, as needed.
EVENT COORDINATION:Supports the execution of special events such as groundbreakings, ribbon cuttings and grand openings in collaboration with the Mayors Office of Communications and other economic development partners.
SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT:Drives social media engagement with the client brand through the development and execution of social media strategies and an up-to-date, forward-looking content calendar for the agency and its departments.
AGENCY/CONSULTANT COLLABORATION:Effectively manages relationships and projects with outside agencies and consultants supporting marketing and communications projects such a brand positioning, content development, public relations, website development and maintenance.
The Creative Group, a Robert Half company, specializes in placing highly skilled marketing, advertising, design, interactive and public relations professionals on a project and full-time basis with advertising and public relations agencies, Fortune 500 companies and small to mid-sized firms. We are faster at finding you work because of our strong network. We reach out to over 12,000 creative and marketing hiring managers each week. In addition to our free job search services, we provide our candidates with access to online skills training and a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Our parent company, Robert Half, once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016)
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Req ID: 00900-0008854378
Functional Role: Mktg/Comm Manager
Postal Code: 30303
Compensation: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 per year
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of marketing, public relations, digital communication and community relations.
- Excellent professional-level writing, editing and verbal communications skills with an ability to adjust communication for different audiences and channels and tell a compelling story.
- Knowledge of the news media and an understanding how to work with reporters, including on tight deadlines.
- Capability to manage multiple projects under tight and sometimes competing deadlines with the flexibility to quickly shift gears when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with multiple internal teammates and external stakeholders as well as senior leadership.
- Experience maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Functional knowledge of web technology and insights into digital communication.
- Proficiency in standard office software.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Word Press, social media engagement platforms and other software.
- HTML/CSS and Wordpress experience a plus
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision while consistently communicating status.
- Manage relationships with marketing communications counterparts in City of Atlanta government and other government agencies at the local and state levels.
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw meaningful conclusions and recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Desire to take on a greater role and new challenges as the marketing organization evolves.
Bachelors degree or higher in marketing, communications, public relations, business, journalism or a related field with five or more years of progressive marketing or communications experience in a corporation, government agency or marketing/PR agency. Experience working in government and/or public affairs is a plus.
If qualified, please send updated resumes to Jordan.Skidmore@creativegroup.com. NO CALLS!