Robert Half The Creative Group Senior Events Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
The Creative Group is looking for an experienced Senior Event Manager (SEM) for our clients team in Atlanta. Our client needs a Senior Event Manager (SEM) with a proven track record in the successful operational and financial delivery of complex events, and the effective management and motivation of a team. The main purpose of the Senior Event Manager (SEM) role is the management, planning and execution of our clients events, incorporating project management, operational and strategic planning, logistics, people management and liaison with internal and external departments.
- Managing event manager(s).
- Managing the professional and personal development of these direct reports, setting objectives and implementing processes necessary to achieve these.
- Carry out supervision/appraisals/performance reviews as part of the resource management.
- Input into resource planning for events team across portfolio of events throughout the year.
- Provide strategic guidance, ensuring a holistic approach is applied to new ideas and operational and wider event strategies are aligned, therefore enabling decisions to be reached in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project coordination, budget and successful delivery of an event; from business case development through to deployment of final product/event.
- Facilitate and manage other departments involved in delivering the event to ensure end-to-end cover.
- Developing project plans and critical paths for each event, highlighting clear financial and operational milestones.
- Leading regular and virtual team meetings / conference calls to ensure project is on track.
- Creating and presenting detailed project updates (presentations / emails / excel files) to Senior Management, including business cases for new ideas, sponsorship packages, etc.
- Supervise contract negotiation and management of suppliers, keeping suppliers to timeline, while building an open and flexible relationship.
- Supervise and /or execute large scale RFP processes.
- Manage risk including production of risk assessments and health and safety plans.
- Demonstrate proven track record of cost management and financial control (including management of purchase orders and invoice payment).
- Budgets to be developed by SEM, both from scratch and working within business plan figures
- Supervise sponsorship inventory, identifying fixed vs variable costs and securing appropriate margins.
- Should have awareness of P&L;, in terms of revenue tracking vs expenditure, and maintenance of contribution margin.
- Monthly reporting of P&L; and detailed budgets with finance team and Head of Events.
- Working with the event managers to develop individual project plans and budgets for their events.
- This role involves meticulous planning and venue/supplier management at the highest level within the industry.
- Preparation of onsite resourcing plan and event schedule.
- Travelling to each event, where necessary, for onsite event delivery as well as pre-event planning.
- Weekly reporting of key issues /milestones (project, operational and financial);
- The Conference Business/Event Department is extremely busy constantly working to tight deadlines and embarking on new projects. Under the direction of the Global Head of Events and the Operations Director, this person will be required to provide additional assistance on other project components as required.
The Creative Group, a Robert Half company, specializes in placing highly skilled marketing, advertising, design, interactive and public relations professionals on a project and full-time basis with advertising and public relations agencies, Fortune 500 companies and small to mid-sized firms. We are faster at finding you work because of our strong network. We reach out to over 12,000 creative and marketing hiring managers each week. In addition to our free job search services, we provide our candidates with access to online skills training and a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Our parent company, Robert Half, once again was named to FORTUNE® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" and was the highest-ranked staffing firm. (March 1, 2016)
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 1.888.846.1668 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Req ID: 00900-0008886433
Functional Role: Events/Promotions Director
Postal Code: 30346-1249
Compensation: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 per year
- Proven track record in:
- Development of event ideas
- Resource management, including recruitment
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Development and proactive management of milestones, project plans, project reports, and co-ordination of project teams
- Presentation content development and presentation delivery with minimal input from DLM
- Delivering complex reports, displaying analytical skills, presentation skills (i.e. graphical + text illustrations) and providing the recommendation / solution
- Encouraging /motivating people to put forward new, innovative ideas
- Openness and flexibility to new ideas being proposed
- Negotiation of complex contracts, including multi-year deals and soft benefits, etc.
- Ability to keep suppliers to timeline, while building an open and flexible relationship.
- Cost management. Expect budget to be developed by SEM, both from scratch and working within BP. li>
- Handling internal and external customer service issues with sense of urgency and to satisfactory conclusion
- Demonstrable knowledge of analyzing figures in Excel files and using pivot tables
- Ability to communicate well and confidently using all forms of communication (email, written, virtual calls). Attention to detail and strong grammar (in written communications) very important
- Previous line management experience
- Ability to manage multiple budgets and present financial reports. Responsibility for following company processes in maintenance of forecasts
- Travel required
- Bachelors degree
- Experience of global large scale events of 50,000 attendees
- Experience of delivering events within San Francisco, Los Angeles, US and globally, and awareness of sensitivities to cultural differences
- PMP certification not required, but certainly beneficial. SEM will be expected to undertake, and pass, AGILE PM qualification.
- IOSH and First Aid qualified preferred, but not essential. Will put candidate through training
This Senior Event Manager (SEM) position requires professional and prudent communications working in a team environment with a diverse group of associates. If you like new challenges every day and are charged up by a fast paced environment.
Please email your resume to Amanda Cooper at The Creative Group at email@example.com. NO CALLS.
Also, follow me on LinkedIn for posting of new job opportunities: www.linkedin.com/in/creativegroupamanda