SunTrust Banks Staff IT Auditor in Atlanta, Georgia
Staff IT Auditor-W431317
SunTrust Bank is one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services institutions. SunTrust Audit Services (SAS) is an integral and active part of a dynamic risk management environment at SunTrust Bank. SAS contributes to SunTrust’s success by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and recommending improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of governance and control processes.
The IT Audit Staff plays an important role on the SunTrust Audit Services team. General responsibilities of this position will include building and maintaining relationships with both business and technology personnel and assistance with identifying and assessing technology risk and controls specific to SunTrust’s Wholesale, Private Wealth Management and Risk lines of business. Specific responsibilities will include building an understanding of key IT processes and related audit procedures, assisting with defining the scope of audit projects, timely execution and quality documentation of audit fieldwork, communicating audit issues and monitoring completion of client action plans.
This position is based in Atlanta, GA. Travel is typically less than 15% and is determined through the development of annual audit and training plans.
We are looking for high-performing candidates interested in making an impact in a complex and challenging environment. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in information systems audit, business information systems, accounting or related subjects and be able to discuss tangible experience with the following:
Energy, Enthusiasm and Motivation:
• · Setting challenging goals, working smartly and learning from the experience
• · Pursuing knowledge independently to expand personal skills
• · Using clear, professional and effective verbal communication skills
• · Preparing, clear, concise and accurate documentation
• · Motivating others in the pursuit of a common goal
• · Identifying and pursuing resolution of issues with stakeholders
• · Proactively establishing and building effective relationships with key contacts
• · Providing insights and identifying opportunities for collaboration with others
• · Understanding and applying risk and internal control concepts
• · Completing work within assigned time frames and budgets
Though not required, exceptional candidates will have one or more of the following additional qualifications:
• · Experience participating in IT, operational or financial audits
• · Experience with systems development, information security or other technology areas
• · A Master's degree in systems audit, business information systems, accounting or related subjects
• · Certification in or eligibility for: CISA, CIA, ITIL, CPA, CFE, CISSP, CISM
Job:Accounting and Finance
Primary Location: GA-Atlanta Area
Work Locations: Marquis Two
285 Peachtree Center Ave
Equal Opportunity Employer
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.