Fairmont Chief Engineer in Ballito, South Africa
To oversee and manage the successful running of Engineering Departments and to ensure all aspects of the resorts infrastructure are maintained to the highest standards
On KwaZulu-Natal’s Dolphin Coast, under an abundant forest canopy, you will find Zimbali - Zulu for “valley of flowers.” A sanctuary unlike any other in South Africa, this charming and unspoiled region is a nature lover’s wonderland. Dappled shadows from the lush vegetation and cool breezes from the Indian Ocean leave their mark on your soul. Endless beaches and clear skies invite you to relax and dream. Within this subtropical paradise, set within the serene confines of a coastal forest reserve, you will find the highest expression of exclusive hospitality: Fairmont Zimbali Lodge and Fairmont Zimbali Resort
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager Position Title, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- To oversee and manage daily tasks which are carried out in a professional and competent manner.
- To ensure that all actions are recorded and duties to enable continual improvement and minimize repeat tasks.
- To assure consistent, high quality fabrics, furnishes and equipment which satisfy customer expectations for comfort and functionality.
- To manage all aspects of life systems equipment.
- To resolve immediately guest concerns, as well as the underlying causes to increase guest satisfaction.
- Maintain highest standards for the maintenance and safe operation of issued tools and equipment.
- Manage and maintain requirements and keep systems in top operating condition.
- To work in conjunction with the Health and safety manager in ensuring that all Safety health and environmental issues are addressed timorously.
- To manage and control the company’s budgets to an acceptable and pre-set standard.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Detailed knowledge of air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration systems andrelated refrigerants, chilled/condenser water components.
- Minimum two to four years work experience as Director of Engineering in a hotel or in a similar large building/ complex with central plant and Building Management (or Automation) System
- Could have previously held positions as Project Engineer, Director of Engineering (Public Works), Chief Engineer (Marine, unlimited ocean/ unlimited horsepower) aboard vessels of over 10,000 tons.
- Preferable prerequisite is experience in the Hotel industry or any related or similar service-oriented industry
- Preferred previous experience in water/ wastewater treatment and related chemicals/ filtration devices.
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulics, including balancing in waterworks/ tanks; prime/ standby power generation equipment and associated switchgear.
- Preferable to have experience in reverse osmosis and triple effect evaporator systems.
- Have experience in managing fire main systems & associated pumps, sprinkler systems and equipment, with good knowledge of local fire, pressure vessel, electrical codes and occupational safety codes.
- Understanding main/ secondary drainage (plumbing) systems; electrical power distribution systems.
- Well developed Computer Skills, particularly in the use of Property Management & Energy Management systems.
- Able to manage a proactive Preventative Management Program
Visa Requirements:Must be legally eligible to work in South Africa
APPLY TODAY:Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: South Africa-Ballito-Fairmont Zimbali Resort
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Senior Leadership / Executive
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 05.Feb.2017, 4:59:00 PM
Req ID: ZIM00906