Black & Veatch Commissioning Support Manager in Bangkok, Thailand
Commissioning Support Manager
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
Responsible for supporting project startup operations from the home office. Activities include developing startup schedules, manpower estimates, and budget estimates during the proposal stage of a project; integrating startup activities into project schedules, developing the project startup execution plan, developing staffing plans and assigning startup personnel to projects, and preparing startup turnover packages during the engineering phase of a project, and monitoring startup progress and staffing needs, and providing technical support to chemical cleanings, steam blows, and other areas during the startup phase.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides support to project teams for planning and execution of project startup activities.
• Provides support for Commissioning Managers and other startup personnel to address project specific issues.
• Develops startup services scope and cost for construction proposals. Coordinates with Manager of Construction Proposals to ensure startup scope is properly addressed. • Monitors, reviews, and reports on project startup activities and takes corrective action as necessary to resolve any problems.
• Directs initiative for marketing of startup services to customers outside Company.
• Coordinates with Manager of Human Resources to provide startup support staff to projects.
• Provide specialized technical support to projects as needed.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs commissioning managers, engineers, and other startup staff.
Bachelor’s in Engineering preferred. Startup manager on at least one project preferred.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Capable of assuming duties as field Startup Manager up to and including single combined cycle facility.
• Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and startup guidelines
• Division Policies
• Project Management
• Leadership Skills
• Supervisory Skills
• Communications Skills
• Customer Relations Skills
• Planning Skills
• Multi-tasking Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Computer Skills
• Knowledge of technical principles related to power plants.
• Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools
• Resource Management
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.