Black & Veatch Safety & Health Manager 3 in Bangkok, Thailand
Safety & Health Manager 3
Business Line:Corporate Const/Procurement
This is a mid-level office position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the company’s division and project Safety & Health Procedures. Acts as an interface between project sites, corporate offices and clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures compliance with local safety & health regulations and manages formal and informal communication.
• Manages the implementation of a Safety Management System.
• Establish a training institute for training all employees including supervisory and management level employees.
• Acts as the secretariat for the formal safety and health committee.
• Ensures that office facilities meet or exceed regulatory requirements
• May conduct ergonomic and occupational hygiene assessments
• Performs risk assessments, proposes mitigation measures and monitors residual risk.
• Manages several international project’s safety and health programs
• May implement, administer and maintain Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program for the company and projects.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts site safety and health inspections and safety and health program audits.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed investigation and safety and health progress reports.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Administers company worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• Develops and implements safety and health programs that assist projects and division to meet company and division safety and health goals and expectations.
• Develops project specific safety and health and loss control programs and processes.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant for internal and external clients.
• May act as temporary project fill-in for lower level safety and health professionals.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Acts as mentor to other safety and health professionals.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Bachelor’s Degree, advanced safety and health certification. 5+ years in a construction environment, 7+ years safety and health experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree of Occupational Health or equivalent which is registered with OSH
Competencies & Experience
• Five or more years in Construction or similar industry
• Seven or more years on implementation of effective safety and health management programs
• Able to communicate in English (Verbal and Written)
• Able to develop strategies and policies
• Ability to manage emergency situations
• Ability to write detailed reports and to use word processing and communication programs
• Conflict resolution skills
• Leadership skills
• Able to develop and direct others
**To align with Local Regulatory, this position is open for Thai national only.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.