Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Nurse Practitioner - (Psychiatric) in Bath, New York
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Bath, NY
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Friday 9/2/2016 (51 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 9/1/2017 (313 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1779022
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for those who shall have borne the battle, and for their widow, and their orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE IS BEING OFFERED FOR HIGHLY-QUALIFIED APPLICANTS UP TO 15%
*Looking for a rewarding career opportunity? *
*The Bath VA Medical Center (VAMC) has been recognized as a top facility in the Nation for quality care, patient and employee satisfaction. Bath VAMC is ranked 3rd in the country (out of 141 facilities) in employee satisfaction, with employees ranking it #1 in the category of overall satisfaction. The Bath area has many cultural and natural attractions such as the Finger Lakes, Corning Museum of Glass, Watkins Glen International Raceway and local wineries. Some of the top State Parks in the United States are located here, including Letchworth State Park (voted #1 State Park in the Nation); Watkins Glen and Stoney Brook. Additionally, Bath is within a short driving distance of destinations like Niagara Falls, Toronto, Rochester and New York City. The local education system earned a Bronze ranking for academic indicators. *
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
This position is assigned to Behavioral Health Care Line, Bath, New York. Primary assignment is to work with the medical providers to develop programs and working relationships that promote shared approaches to evaluation, treatment planning and monitoring outcomes of common mental health conditions. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Formulate differential diagnoses
- Work closely with Mental Health Providers
- Establish and modify patient treatment plan based on clinical assessment and accepted standards of practice
- Provide episodic visits to monitor acute and chronic mental health conditions, provide medication management, and/or responses to treatment
- Provide consultations throughout medical center with support to Behavioral Health Outpatient clinic as needed
Work schedule: Full-time, To be discussed at interview.
Salary Range - $51,485- $109,468. Salary to be determined by the Nursing Professional Standards Board (Peer-to-Peer review) based on applicant's education and qualifications.
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- US Citizen
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. *Grade Determinations: *The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; ORa Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelors degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; ORa Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements:Must pass a pre-employment physical.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on Application Status. For a more detailed update of your status, click on more information. Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $51,485.00 to $109,468.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0610-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Control Number: 447838100
Job Announcement Number: 528N-16-LAB-1779022-BU