Schlumberger Minerals Mine Worker – Helper in Battle Mountain, Texas
Minerals Mine Worker – Helper
Location: Battle Mountain - United States
Schlumberger has an opening in Battle Mountain, NV for a Minerals Mine Worker – Helper.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- The Mill Helper is responsible for a number of duties dependent upon his/her daily assignments, as determined by the Mill Shift Boss.
- The Mill Helper is responsible for the collection of process control and finished product samples.
- The Helper is also responsible for loading the proper amount of product on trucks and in railcars, and required to complete the proper loading verification forms.
- The Mill Helper will help maintain all mill mobile and plant equipment as directed
- The incumbent will be trained to collect samples from product cyclones, label and protect mill samples, and deliver such to the mill lab.
- Helpers will also have training in evaluating mill grinds by performing operation criteria grind tests in the mill lab.
- Other preparation for this position will be on-the-job experience helping maintenance - repair operations, bagging and palletizing product, loading R/R cars and trucks with bulk and bagged products, and training for forklift operation and operator maintenance.
- Be responsible for compliance with regulatory requirements and the Company’s procedures and guidelines in the performance of their duties.
- Perform their job safely and in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Continually inspect their work areas for unsafe or substandard conditions or unsafe work practices.
- Correct or take interim action on any unsafe or substandard conditions or practices that they observe and report to the immediate supervisor.
- Participate, as required, in all training classes and exercises.
- Participate, as required, in all HSE performance development activities and systems.
- Report all injury, near-miss, property damage and hazardous conditions to their immediate supervisor.
High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a Mill Laborer
- The Mill Helper, under the direct supervision of the Mill Shift Boss or Utility Operator, must be knowledgeable in the operation of all mill equipment including the crusher, grinding mills, bulk loading facilities, packing machines, forklifts, and loaders as per instructions given by the Mill Operator and the Mill Shift Boss, and must be capable of assisting Utility Operators or other maintenance personnel in the maintenance and repair of all mill-related equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices
- Ability to work in global distributed setting
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
- International exposure
- Oil & Gas industry exposure
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.