Black & Veatch Drawing Control in Beijing, China
Provide support to project team and management under general supervision. Incumbents are developing project support skills while accomplishing duties and tasks of a varied nature according to established processes, utilizing occasional independent judgment. Basic knowledge of project policies and procedures is needed. Incumbent is typically building knowledge of processes by working on certain phases of a project of a limited scope, or on smaller projects. Knowledge of acceptable formats and requirements for correspondence and proposals is being acquired. Guidelines, direction and priorities are commonly provided, along with subsequent review of work conducted. May have frequent contact with clients, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area to exchange information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide project administrative support to the project team.
· Keep the hard copy in a good order including contract, Purchase Order, correspondence etc.
· Manage and track the documents and drawings of vendors, owners and B&V by using systems - POWRTRAK and Bentley.
· Communicate and coordinate with the project team members in Kansas City, Bangkok Office, Pune Office and Jakarta Office.
· Set up and maintain the Project filing system in the system.
· Scan, copy, download and upload the files for the team review.
· Upload documents (drawing submissionon) by using Bluebeam studio.
· Working with the engineers to handle the drawings and manifest and put them in the drawing system.
· Apply and update the accesses of the softwares for the engineers of the project and log in the filing system after applying.
· Make drawings’ reports for projects.
· Place documents on file by using the filing system or project central, and issue transmittals to vendors or owners.
· 1-2 years’ secretary experience in multinational companies.
· Good verbal/written translation and communication skills in both English and Chinese.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
· Consistently applies initiative to anticipate and proactively resolve issues.
· A good team player with pleasant personality.
· Good attitude to learn new tools and system.
· Ready to work under pressure.
· Service oriented.
· Problem solving skills.
· Smooth communication and coordination skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Desktop PC Basic
Microsoft Word Intermediate
Microsoft Excel Basic
Microsoft Power Point Basic
Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts) Intermediate
Electronic file storage system Intermediate
Project Management Systems Basic
Time Reporting Systems Basic
Travel Scheduling System Intermediate
Global Scheduling System Intermediate
Telephone and Web conferencing Basic
Human Resource Information System Basic
Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work) Intermediate
Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve) Intermediate
Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service) Intermediate
Time Reporting Policies & Procedures Intermediate
Workgroup's Policies & Procedures Intermediate
Division Administrative Policies & Procedures Basic
Division Project Policies & Procedures Basic
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.