Black & Veatch Compensation and Benefits Specialist (Asia) in Beijing, Singapore, China
Compensation and Benefits Specialist (Asia)
• Compensation management, including identifying competitive base salary market and participating in compensation surveys, analyzing market data, establishing salary structures and ranges, and providing compensation counsel and advice to HRBPs and business leaders in Asia).
• Benefits support and administration, including identifying competitive benefits market, establishing/implementing appropriate benefits packages, and providing benefits oversight and support to HRBPs
• Develops, implements and administers moderately complex base compensation programs and related policies for Asia.
• Develops and administers supporting hierarchy programs (job families).
• Supports the attainment of external competitiveness objectives through market analysis and subsequent recommendations to management.
• Works with management to better ensure internal equity. Develops programs which link rewards with performance, and minimizes potential civil and criminal liability.
• Counsels and educates management and employees regarding compensation-related matters.
• Provides compensation and benefits support to Asia Regional HR Director, HRBPs, and workgroups as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the administration and development of compensation programs. Advises supervisors and employees on various aspects of maintaining these programs.
• Recommends improvements to compensation and benefit policies, programs and procedures to improve effectiveness.
• Counsels management regarding compensation-related opportunities or solutions to problems.
• Educates management on effective approaches to compensation programs to minimize pay-related turnover, civil and criminal liability, and to enhance attraction and motivation.
• Ensures availability of external salary market data. Identifies and participates in market surveys to support external competitiveness objectives. Performs analysis of market data and provides subsequent recommendations.
• Assists in development of job family structures and related policies, which involve project management, writing job descriptions, evaluating jobs, Reviews new or revised jobs to determine appropriate assignment.
• Monitors use of job families in a manner that maximizes internal equity. Updates job families to ensure information is current and supports legal compliance objectives.
• Analyzes occupational data, such as physical, mental and training requirements of jobs and employees to develop job descriptions, job specifications and career paths.
• Develops and administers the regular merit increase program. Works with management to reward employees in a manner which considers external market placement, while linking pay to performance.
• Collects and evaluates market data in relation to company pay policy lines to establish salary range structures.
• Assists in analyzing, recommending, documenting and implementing human resource information system (HRIS)-related changes as they pertain to compensation.
• Provides direction and guidance to compensation support staff in Asia.
Prepares and presents reports to management regarding compensation-related matters.
• Addresses employees regarding compensation-related matters.
• Works to ensure adherence to company policies and legal compliance.
• Reviews and approves compensation activity (merits, promotions, adjustments, and reclassifications).
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Support Corporate Benefits in development of benefit programs and related policies, which involves project management, writing policies, evaluating programs, compliance, and communication
• Evaluates RFPs and makes recommendations to management for vendor changes.
Develop and manage multiple vendor relationships to insure program success and accountability
• Support HRDirector and Corporate Benefits in management on effective approaches to benefit programs to minimize turnover, civil and criminal liability, and to enhance attraction and motivation.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person."
• Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
• Directs Compensation Associates in Asia.
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related area
• 10 years compensation and benefits experience, with focus in compensation
• Regional experience in Asia is preferred
• Experience as an HR Generalist or in another HR specialty area preferred.
• Engineering industry experience preferred.
• Customer Focused and proactively understanding the business, partnering actively with HRBPs and business leaders on growth areas, attraction and retention issues.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Intermediate knowledge of Human Resource Information System
• Advanced knowledge of Company compensation programs, policies and procedures
• Advanced knowledge of Base Pay theory and practice, including job evaluation/documentation
• Basic Variable Compensation theory and practice
• Intermediate employment law & legal compliance regulations
• Basic Engineering Industry knowledge
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel
• Basic Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Conflict Management skills
• Advanced Human Relations skills (Written, Verbal, Client Service)
• Advanced Leadership ability (Team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Basic Project Management skills
• Intermediate Presentation skills
• Intermediate Problem Solving skills (Identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Basic Supervisory skills
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.