Microsoft Corporation SENIOR DESIGNER in Bellevue, Washington
The future of UX is where natural human interfaces meet artificial intelligence. It’s where agents, bots and other personified technologies become a principal way we interact with the physical and digital worlds around us. Our engagement with this technology will be guided by our most fundamental qualities as humans: we’re social beings who express ourselves through emotion, conversation and the deeply personal.
Come join the Cortana design team within Microsoft IA and Research, where we are reimagining the way people see and interact with technology. We’re looking beyond the personal computer to more personal computing, designing experiences that enhance people’s lives. Our focus is on Cortana and assistive technologies, emphasizing the role of AI in augmenting people through memory, productivity, and deeper engagement with Microsoft’s products and services.
As a Senior Voice Designer you will need to be creative, flexible, and play many roles. You will need precision and passion for your designs and design process. You’ll work hand in hand with other designers and PMs to develop forward thinking solutions. You will be assigned to multiple projects for cross platform experiences and help cultivate an environment of sustained creativity and growth. Above all, you should have a vision for emergent technologies and the future of AI-powered user interfaces.
• Create the vision for defining, developing, and communicating a best in class conversational user experience.
• Think and design cross-platform - desktop, mobile, tablet, everywhere.
• Define and communicate flows, wireframes, storyboards, specifications and guidelines.
• Assess design solutions based on user research data, analytics, and user goals.
• Work closely with cross-functional partners (Engineering, Research, Product Management & Marketing).
• Demonstrate active thought leadership around natural user interface issues and trends * Inspire and mentor others on the design team.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years related UX design experience in product, company or agency.
• 2+ years working with voice-enabled user interfaces.
• Deep knowledge and application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices.
• *Be self-motivated and independent. Help bring clarity to ambiguity.
• Be a good problem solver, creative, and an effective communicator.
• Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design
• Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch.
• Experience with rapid prototyping tools.
• Experience shipping a voice-enabled product or service.
A portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and proven experience in visual creativity, telling stories, building UI models, generating detailed wire frames, developing prototypes and delivering comprehensive specifications is required. Please indicate your specific roles and contributions for each project submitted as part of the portfolio.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
User experience (engineering)