Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Req ID 257465BR
Industry Job Title Senior Manager Talent Management
Job Code/Title L4436:Orgn Development Sr Mgr
Job Description Serving as Talent Management Sr. Manager, this position reports to the Director of Talent Management at Corporate Headquarters.
Responsibilities for this position include:
-Oversee the development and sustainment of the Corporation’s Talent Management strategy. This includes defining an infrastructure, tools and process for identifying talent across the enterprise. The role will work closely with other Corporate HR COE’s and BA Talent Management Managers to develop and deliver on a multi-year plan to build leadership succession pipelines, talent pools for current and future business needs and talent movement methodologies that meet or exceed industry best practices.
-Be knowledgeable of all executive positions at the top of the house including current incumbents, and the talent with potential to achieve Vice President and above levels.
-Understand the Corporation’s concept of operations and be familiar with compensation, leveling guidelines and workforce planning, and how these enable support of the business requirements.
-Provide the organization with Talent Management best practices solutions ensuring business requirements are achieved. This role is also accountable for the effective delivery and continuous improvement of talent management processes, programs, tools and practices.
-Develop and implement Corporate processes for talent assessment, identification, reviews, and talent movement.
-Perform assessments of executive talent and define profiles of top tier talent in the organization; provides recommendations for internal slates informed by succession planning efforts.
- Integrates functional and BA requirements to understand full suite of talent focus areas
-Analyze talent data and trends to shape Executive Talent Review discussions; Prepare and submit timely, quality deliverables for the Corporate Talent Processes.
-Lead other opportunities / forums for executives to be exposed to and familiar with the high potential talent and available from other parts of LM.
-Facilitate follow through on talent actions with the T&OC Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, and Executive Comp as required. Serve as a source of in-depth knowledge of the talent to these functions.
-Define and deploy metrics to address business talent challenges.
-Define system requirements for succession management – linking to other core HR processes – in partnership with T&OC Shared Services lead.
-Utilize technology to track, manage and retain critical talent, making recommendations and applying for successful outcomes.
-Utilize HRIS to define critical data analytics, trends, and predictive analysis to determine best approach to address capability gaps.
Basic Qualifications • Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible experience, including 5 years of experience in performing talent management and development work, in roles such as HRBP, workforce planning, and talent management, etc.
• 4 years of recent leadership experience
• Proven track record in talent management and development having managed the function for a large, complex organization.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver timely, quality products.
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills as demonstrated by the ability to think deeply and systemically about business problems, breaking down problems and presenting creative solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option.
• Adapt and develop world-class best practices inside the organization that create significant competitive advantages by improving efficiency and accountability.
• Experience working with senior management as a trusted advisor to senior executives.
• Ability to utilize HR systems to obtain data for analysis and reports, as appropriate and produce graphic representations of analytical data for presentations.
• Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Strong ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the corporation and geographically dispersed – balancing interests of key stakeholders.
• Full Spectrum Leader (demonstrated ability to Shape the Future, Build Effective Relationships, Energize the Team, Deliver Results, and Model Personal Excellence, Integrity and Accountability).
Desired skills • Masters degree in Human Resources or Organizational Effectiveness
• Talent Assessment and Targeted Selection expertise
• Executive Coaching skills.
• Strong consultative skills
• Previous assignments operating in a virtual organization.
Security Clearance None
LMCareers Business Unit ESS1000 CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
Business Area Enterprise Operations
Department 31221:Training & Development
Job Class Human Resources
Job Category Experienced Professional
Relocation Available Possible
Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week
Req Type Full-Time