Idaho Division of Human Resources Compensation Analyst in Boise, Idaho
Our Mission: Your Safety, Your Mobility, Your Economic Opportunity
Are you interested in working for an award-winning state agency with a Constructive Culture to make a difference for the employees and managers?
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) has defined a Constructive Culture as a results-driven work environment where all employees treat each other with respect, develop themselves personally and professionally, support team efforts, and are accountable for their actions. Many efforts including leadership coaching and training are taking place to grow the ITD’s Constructive Culture. This opening may be your opportunity to use your HR and Compensation knowledge and skills to promote a Constructive Culture at the ITD.
Ensures that compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with policies, evaluates external competitiveness, internal equity, and legal compliance of compensation programs and government regulations.
Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate ITD’s commitment to extraordinary customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Monitors market trends and evaluates external competitiveness of private and public compensation.
- Reviews hard-to-recruit and high turnover positions and provides recommendations.
- Provides expert consulting, advice and support on compensation and salary administration to management teams.
- Determines Hay point factoring ratings utilizing Hay methodology in the development of classifications or in the establishment of a position classification.
- Facilitates and manages the annual merit review process, annual salary increase budgets, and career path programs.
- Develops programs to educate management teams on compensation programs to reinforce the organization’s culture and compensation principles.
- Manages the review, modification and implementation of performance management processes and tools.
- Develops, maintains, and improves processes for job evaluations, market analysis and FLSA compliance.
- Documents compensation procedures and processes and seeks opportunities to streamline and automate these processes to make administration more timely and efficient.
- Analyzes data and publishes metrics and dashboards.
- Ensures participation in salary surveys.
- Good knowledge of: human resource administration; equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements.
- Experience: interpreting, applying, and explaining laws or rules; researching and preparing reports and recommendations; conducting in-depth interviews.
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in developing, implementing or administering compensation programs
Experience with job evaluation / point factor systems, preferably Hay
Experience with HR systems
Familiar with national labor market trends and the execution of effective processes to support / operationalize compensation strategies
Knowledge of compensation best practice processes, systems or tools
Knowledge of HR related Federal, State and local laws and regulations governing compensation including Wage and Hour law
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Thorough understanding of Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, formulas, etc.) and data analysis functions
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to coordinate with other human resources team members to deliver seamless customer service
- Exceptional ability to analyze data, identify issues and/or information trends and recommend solid solutions
- Ability to identify concerns before they become problems, and to propose solutions to the concerns
Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
Ability to adapt to a changing environment and adaptability to changing priorities and working with multiple customers
- Ability to navigate HR information management systems and applications
- Ability to create and run basic queries/reports
- Education and Experience. Enter your resume in the space provided in the examination.
Scoring will be based on the information you provide.
A minimum rating of 73 is needed to pass this examination.
To_ preview_ the exam:
- Click on "" below
- You will not be able to test from this screen
- Notification of your test results will be available online after the announcement closes and the review process is complete
How to Apply:
Click on any Apply Online button.
Follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam.
- Idaho Transportation Department under "Agencies
- Full-time Employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete/update all items in the Application Checklist to include: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job Type. Without this information, your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
Some positions may require a background investigation before a final job offer is made.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Transportation Department!
Open for Recruitment: August 11, 2017 - August 28, 2017
Announcement #: 05134062680
Salary Range: starting at $25.92 - $32.40 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!