Defense Commissary Agency Store Worker in Bolling AFB, District Of Columbia
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCAs goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nations diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $6 billion.
Maintains adequate stock of resale items. Identifies any obvious spoilage, damage, and out-of-date merchandise. Receives, supplies, equipment and resale items. Operates a computer system that calculates and marks prices, and determines weights of merchandise. Transports items to shelving and display areas.
- Not Required
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Application materials must be received by 11:59PM EST on the closing date.
Per OPM Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/x-118c/index.asp, the applicant's experience, education and training must show enough knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate the potential to successfully perform the duties of the position. Under this system, how applicants gained their skill and knowledge or the length of time they have spent in a line of work are not as important as the fact that they have the required ability or potential to do the job. This job has one critical element, called the screen-out element (SOE). In order to be considered minimally qualified for the Store Worker position, applicants must meet the screen out element. Applicants who clearly fail to meet the lowest acceptable requirements in the SOE will be rated ineligible without further review of their application.
Applicants who do not receive two points on the screen-out element (SOE) will be eliminated from further competition.
- Examples of qualifying experience include:
- Ensuring the proper care and handling of resale grocery items.
- Locating items for customers.
- Rotating stock, stacking containers and participating in inventories.
- Operating a computer system to calculate prices and label merchandise.
- Arranging stock on shelves and in displays.
Conditions of Employment:
- Work Schedule: Part-time (hours may vary)
- Tour of Duty: Irregular Schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Costs: ARE NOT Authorized
- Position Sensitivity: Non-Sensitive
- Security Requirements: Not Applicable
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Drug Testing: Not Required
- Physical Requirement: Work requires continuous walking, standing, bending, stooping, stretching and reaching. Frequently lifts or moves heavy boxes or crates weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
- Selective Service Requirement: All male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the selective service system or exempt from Selective Service. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/ for more information. Obligated Position: No
- Other Notes:
- This announcement establishes an applicant pool from which vacancies may be filled 90 days after the closing date.
- Those selected from this announcement may be required to serve a two year probationary period.
- All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of their most recent Standard Form (SF)50 Notification of Personnel Action showing tenure, grade, step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
- Volunteer Experience: Your Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- If you are using part-time work to qualify for this position, be sure your resume reflects the beginning and ending dates of your employment and the number of hours you worked per week.
- Those selected for this position must submit a completed and signed OF-306 Declaration of Federal Employment. You may complete and submit this form with your application and other supporting documents, if you choose.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After completing the online questionnaire, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging your submission was successful. Approximately 90-120 days following the closing date of the announcement, you will receive a notice of rating with the final disposition of your application.
The federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. You may explore the major benefits offered to most federal employees at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
REGARDING INTERVIEWS: Interviews may be required for this position. Accommodations may be made to conduct telephonic interviews to preclude travel hardships.
Reemployed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at:
Reemployed Annuitant: A former Federal employee who has retired under either the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) or Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is an Annuitant. An annuitant cannot be hired (i.e. reemployed) unless the vacant position meets the criteria in the Department of Defense (DOD) policy on employment of annuitants issued December 10, 2008 http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf.
This position does not meet criteria for appointment of annuitants (irrespective of eligibility or qualifications). Annuitant applicants are advised, in accordance with DoD Policy, that further consideration for positions filled under this announcement is not permitted.
Individual with Financial Difficultyhttps://hru.gov/StudioRecruitment/tools/MythbusteronFederalHiringPolicies.pdf
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472448700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
- Additional Duty Location Info
Additional Duty Location Info
100 vacancies in the following locations
- Bolling AFB, DC
- Dover AFB, DE
- Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Andrews AFB, MD
- Annapolis, MD
- Fort Meade, MD
- Silver Spring, MD
- Carlisle Barracks, PA
Salary Range: $16.20 to $22.77 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-6914-04/04
Promotion Potential: 04
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472448700
Job Announcement Number: DECA-17-1976096-DE-Z25