Belk, Inc. Store Manager in Boone, North Carolina
Boone, NC, United States
Job Id#: 15942
Date published: 19-Jun-2017
Back to Job List
Position Summary:The Store Manager reports to Regional Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the Division direction within their store.
Sales & Profit
• Meeting or exceeding store sales and profit plans through the training, coaching & managing of the sales staff.
• Provide training & communication of meeting or exceeding Customer First goals to sales staff.
• Communication with Regional Manager and BSS merchants regarding merchandise issues and needs.
• Merchandise consistently presented in store with Belk visual and merchandising standards.
• Coordinate timely floor setup for all promotional and seasonal activity.
• Ensure shrinkage control and Loss Prevention in store through the continual management of associates.
• Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures, and ownership of new system implementations and processes.
• Communicate & manage associates on price integrity in the store, including timely completion of permanent price changes.
• Ensure that all price changes are communicated through the approved channels, and report all deviations to the Regional Manager/Price Manager
Expense Planning & Management
• Adhering to annual expense budgets for store to achieve profit goals.
• Monitoring store payroll and non-payroll expenses to achieve annual expense % goals.
• Taking timely corrective action on expense budget variances.
• Adequate staffing in all departments to meet customer service expectations.
• Conducting timely reviews and communicating development needs with subordinate. Set goals and identify areas for improvement.
• Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and retaining quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
• Maintaining high store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within the store.
• Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all associates.
• Communicate with associates on possible career paths and advancement opportunities.
• Ensuring execution of Job Information Surveys every twelve to eighteen months. Reviewing all Job Information Surveys with store management team and Regional Manager and ensuring that prompt communication and follow up is done to address issues.
Education & Experience:
• Four-year college degree.
• Experience in retail management.
• Proficient in computer business-related computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc).
• Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
• Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List