FleishmanHillard Account Supervisor, Boston in Boston, Massachusetts
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Boston office has an immediate opening for a talented Account Supervisor.
This is an opportunity for a solid team player to support technology and corporate communications programs for well-known organizations within our client portfolio. The ideal candidate will bring excellent organizational and writing skills as well as strong experience executing successful campaigns that incorporate traditional PR, influencer relations and high-level digital strategies. We are looking for a colleague who enjoys the “rush” of PR and is a self-starter. FH Boston takes a holistic view of hiring by balancing hard skills, cultural fit, growth potential, client service aptitude and new business acumen to ensure each new FHer is a strong, long-term contributor to the business and office.
- Playing a pivotal role in handling most of the day-to-day deliverables, including written content creation as well as project and account management.
- Developing and reviewing high-quality, thoughtfully written materials, including press releases, pitches, planning documents and bylined articles.
- Working with integrated teams to provide clients with cross-channel strategies utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results. Candidate should have experience working alongside content creators (videographers, graphic designers, etc.).
- Capitalizing on expertise in – and understanding of – the relevant media landscape and building and maintaining relationships with technology and relevant business reporters.
- Working with junior staff to proactively identify opportunities to insert clients into broader trends and the ongoing news cycle by maintaining a pulse on relevant industry news and presenting new, fresh ideas to the team and client.
- Supervising the work of junior team members by setting priorities, delegating responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
- Communicating directly with the client during team meetings and in day-to-day project management.
- The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a solid track record of effective media relations, strong writing, strong organization and acute attention to detail. Experience executing global and regional communications programs is a plus. Additionally, candidates should have:
- Minimum of 3 years agency experience implementing communications programs and supporting account teams.
- Excellent time and priority management skills.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Broad technology business understanding – both B2B and B2C tech landscape familiarity preferred. Ability to think creatively and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Excellent writing skills with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from news releases to executive talking points.
- Ability to take strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical PR recommendations.
- Experience with digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Good interpersonal skills: can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality work while under deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.