State Street Lexicon Operations Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
At SSGA, the Lexicon Operations Manager is an integral member of the Global Content Management team, helping to manage a sophisticated database (Qvidian) of Sales and Marketing materials used across the organization. The Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of the technical platform, day-to-day system support, and implementing strategic improvements to the current business model and technical environment.
The Operations Manager also ensures that the Global Content Management team’s risk controls are in accordance with SSGA’s governance, compliance and security policies by working closely with PC&A; senior management, internal stakeholders and the external vendor(s) to drive best-practices. The Operations Manager will identify relevant metrics to measure and analyze, and will be asked to establish standardized reporting that highlights database volumes, activity and usage trends.
The Operations Manager will have opportunities to influence change within the organization and communicate with large audiences, globally. This role combines tactical and strategic responsibilities, the ability to implement technical and process-driven solutions, and will require independent project management capabilities along with team-leading experience.
In this role, you will (be):
- A control function for the organization, ensuring that the Lexicon database meets the needs of the business, the regulatory standards of the industry, and meets the governance controls set by the Corporation
- Work with the vendor and other teams across State Street to set and maintain technical standard operating procedures for the platform and act as the primary point of contact for SSGA database users
- Monitor and address technical database inquiries at SSGA
- Evaluate content usage, system generated reports, metrics, and internal workflow models to make recommendations about how the database can be utilized differently
- Spearhead system-wide updates, new releases and subsequent training and communication efforts
- Prepare and present metric-based reports to management
- Expected to recognize opportunities for further procedural and communication enhancements
- Build a strong understanding of Business, Compliance and Regulatory requirements that impact the creation, life-cycle and delivery of content
- Explore how to catalogue content, enforce consistent database properties and implement keyword tagging to drive reliable search results and improve user-experience and adoption rates
- Help design and deliver training and coaching to database end-users, content providers, and peers
- Work with content peers in Bangalore, Boston, London and Montreal
* *The ideal candidate for the Operations Manager role is (a):
- Highly-organized, service-oriented, and eager to learn
- Able to react quickly in a demanding environment
- Interested in understanding user-experiences and organizational behavior
- Prepared to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Strong communicator, with an excellent eye for detail
- Experienced managing a large, globally accessed database (prior use of Qvidian a plus)
Skills/experiences for success:
- Minimum 4-years project management (or similar) experience
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Word capabilities (4+ years of experience in office setting)
- Deep understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Confidence to execute major, strategic initiatives and drive timelines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Interest in research and analysis of data, ability to use metrics to summarize and track progress
- Knowledge of process flow development
- Knowledge of information management and basic SEO techniques
- Highly motivated and willing to play a leadership role in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity/experience with industry regulatory requirements a plus
- Experience with database management (knowledge of Qvidian product a plus)
- Background working in Finance (or in other data-driven industry)
- Familiarity with vocabulary and lingo used in Asset Management industry an advantage
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Lexicon Operations Manager
Job ID: 164083
Full/Part Time: Full FTE