Air Liquide USA LLC Engineer - Health, Safety, Environmental & Security (HSES) in Branchburg, New Jersey
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies - from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells - even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHATM and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacture of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things. To enhance our execution from discovery to delivery ("lab-to-fab"), we are adding talented people to our team.
This role provides leadership in developing, implementing, improving and managing Health, Safety, Environmental and Security (HSES) policies, procedures, practices, and projects. It nourishes a culture in which safety is the highest priority across Air Liquide Advanced Materials facilities in the US and Asia. This role is expected to interact effectively with a wide variety of teams including operations, research, process development and engineering to implement change effectively and sustain the gains.
This position can be located in Branchburg, NJ or Portland, PA or Fremont, CA
- Provides technical support for HSES projects, problem solving, investigations including site inspections and audits, and activities;
- Develops and implements effective HSES communication to make HSES priorities and performance visible;
- Facilitates and participates in job safety analysis, process hazard analysis and pre-startup safety review teams including the driving of inherently safer technology, preference for engineering solutions and ‘doing it right the first time' concept;
- Maintains and improves HSES performance, compliance, policy and procedural information including electronic backup of critical information;
- Develops and implements industry best practice systems for an effective HSES program while maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, reporting, HSES statistics and trend analysis;
- Involves & engages employees in developing HSES programs, processes and performance measures;
- Monitor the completion of action items generated from Safety Helpdesk, HSES audits, inspections and incident investigations;
- Provides on-the-floor HSES coaching and recognition; and
- Implements and supports HSES Team responsibilities.
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of applicable HSES, process, production or project work experience
- Passion for HSES as demonstrated by a strong commitment
- Ability to develop and effectively deliver training
- Experience establishing, tracking and driving gap closure with KPIs (Key Performance Metrics) or equivalent.
- Strong, engaging, people-centered leadership style
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency
- Training and certifications in OSHA, DOT, and RCRA
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification or equivalent knowledge
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience
- Process hazard analysis training; LOPA and HAZOP
- Root cause investigation training and methodology
- Able to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Able to effectively work with team mates in Maintenance, R&D;, Process Development, Engineering, Quality
- Project management skills to include the ability to develop and implement HSES processes
- Methodical data based problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business.
- Willingness to travel
Requisition Number: 8473
Job Title: Engineer - Health, Safety, Environmental & Security (HSES)
Area of Interest: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Engineering
State / Province: New Jersey