Verizon Wireless Senior Agile Project Manager in Branchburg, New Jersey
Manage all facets of multiple medium to large scale technical projects to ensure deliverables are met within schedule, budget and quality goals.• Provide the leadership role to the entire cross functional project team to achieve agreed upon project goals. Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and delivering a quality product while utilizing a consistent methodology for Program/ Project management across resources.• Planning, creation and execution of cross-functional and integrated project plans across functional boundaries, business and Network groups such as IT, Marketing, Sales, Care, Finance, Network Regions, Area and HQ.• Creation and maintenance of project documentation and development of all deliverables within the project management scope (Charter, Risk, Communication Plan, Success Metrics, Lessons Learned, etc)• Developing of business cases for projects with significant impact to company goals.• Lead RFP/RFQ activities including contract negotiations.
Establish project objectives and key metrics to meet business goals.•Proactively resolve project issues and manage jeopardy process.•Risk assessment and development of risk mitigation plans associated with projects, change management, budget reporting as necessary and status reporting.• Responsible for identifying and resolving cross-functional issues that may impact critical project deliverables at manager through vice-president levels.• Resolution of project issues and management of escalations and jeopardy process.• Assessing risks and development of risk mitigation plans associated with projects.• Preparing and presentation of pertinent project material to key stakeholders• Management of changes to project scope.• Providing status reports per communications plan at manager through vice-president levels.
Provide support across functional boundaries• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships, requiring buy-in with other managers, subordinates, peers, executive leadership, clients and key contacts within other departments.• Responsible for delivery of executive status updates for upper management regarding program status/issues/risk/business impacts and solutions. Communicate important project developments and activities to regional and headquarter management as appropriate.• Attend and present to executive level staff as required.
Train and mentor other project team members.
• 7 or more years of experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
• 7 or more years project management driving cross-functional teams.
• Experience in leadership roles in technology management and proven leadership in managing virtual teams.
• Demonstrated experience managing projects with IT & Network scope.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence organizational direction and departmental initiatives working with all leadership levels.
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and strong experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project, and CA Clarity.
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise in Wireless/Cellular/Telecom technologies. Need to have a working knowledge of Network topology and call flow
Understanding of operational concepts of various business groups including Sales, Marketing, Customer Care, Legal, Revenue Assurance
• Understanding of operational concepts of various Network groups including Maintenance Engineering, NNO, NRB, Network Planning Network Area and Regions
• Demonstrated strong ability to coordinate and work well with in a team environment to meet common goals.
• Proven track record of leadership of project accomplishments including successful project launches
• Occasionally manages off-hours project conversions
• Often called on to present to senior leadership
• Experience managing 3rd party vendor relationships and/or resources
• Experience managing project budgets ensuring on time/budget milestones are met.
• Experience developing and implementing business process improvements
• Preferred, 5 or more years of experience in a computer systems data center environment, Network/IT, or Telecom projects.
• Preferred, 3 or more years ofexperience as a subject matter expert in a technical role
• Preferred, experience in VZW Regional roles
Knowledge and Skills
Required: Proven expertise on full suite of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
Highly desired: Expertise with CA Clarity
Proven skills to manage large cross functional teams that are not direct reports to the position.
Strong negotiation skills
Strong understanding of Software development life cycle
Strong understanding of 4G LTE technology
4-year Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent work or military experience.
Certifications: Preferred: Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent project management experience.
Responsible for the leadership of a work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies; communicates & translates functional/operational goals into team goals; manages implementation of policies and procedures; typically reports to a (Director/Exec Dir) Band 5.
Individual Contributor Role
Manager of Projects: Responsible for all aspects of the development & implementation of more than one large project and provides a single point of contact for those projects - original concept thru final implementation.
Functional Expert: Acts independently or member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives.
Decision Making Authority
Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction. Delegates work to lower-banded team members. Line of sight 1 to 3 years.
Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Knowledge and Skills
Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. Generally requires aminimum of 6 years experience in same or related discipline.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.