Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Talent Acquisition Specialist 659783 in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Build and implement effective, proactive recruitment strategies to address immediate talent needs of the organization. Ensure a continuous supply of top talent, and be accountable for developing and executing multi-faceted, time sensitive objectives to address the talent requirements of the business. In addition, be responsible for developing and executing an effective and consistent hiring manager and candidate experience to ensure predetermined expectations are being met throughout the scope of the recruitment process.
- Recruiting - Develops local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, multi-faceted recruiting ideas, such as use of social media. Sources, reviews candidates, phone screens, and interviews candidates as appropriate. Monitors and recommends the usage of external recruiters and headhunters, as well as coordinates temporary staffing solutions to ensure we are focused on providing the appropriate level of value vs. money.
- Supporting Hiring Managers - Partners with departmental hiring managers to coordinate and manage the full life cycle recruiting process, including but not limited to gaining a thorough understanding of business unit needs and culture. Assists managers with creating thorough and accurate job postings, evaluating candidates for best hires, and coaching managers on best practices around interviewing.
- Reporting and Systems - Recommends and makes process improvements on the recruiting systems, reporting and tools currently in place. Helps evaluate potential systems and tools for future use.
- Networking - Builds networks to find qualified passive candidates through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Sourcing – Researches, recommends, and executes new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Develops a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- University Relations - Coordinates and executes college recruiting initiatives. Attends career fairs for recruiting and company recognition. Develops working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting. Gives presentations at colleges, attends student group meetings, and increases college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Diversity Recruiting - Coordinates and executes diversity recruiting initiatives. Attends career fairs for recruiting and company recognition. Develops working relationships within organizations to aid in talent pools.
- Partnering with Key Stakeholders – Has an ongoing working relationship with HR, T&OD;, and hiring managers to understand the future needs of the business based on forecasted growth. Identifies gaps and develops and executes a strategy to fill those gaps both short and long term.
- Complies with all applicable employment laws, OFCCP, AAP, FLSA, etc.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum.
- Demonstrated experience using resume databases, internet search tools and social networking to find and attract top talent.
- Past history of filling “hard to fill” roles that required using nontraditional recruiting resources and/or heavy pipelining.
- Consultative approach to partnering and collaborating with Talent Acquisition, HR, and Hiring managers.
- Documented history of strategic, proactive recruiting.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures
- Experience utilizing an Applicant Tracking system
- Ability to apply standard independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of recruiting techniques, procedures and criteria..
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- <10% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.