FleishmanHillard Communications Intern, Energy (6 months), Brussels in Brussels, Belgium
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Brussels office is seeking a communication intern with relevant work experience to support its Energy practice.
Within our Brussels office, our Energy Team consists of ten full-time consultants advising a range of clients in the oil and gas and renewables industries on the implications of EU public policy for their organisations. We develop and implement advocacy and communication strategies to help them enhance their positioning. As part of a wider team we collaborate with colleagues across the office on their specific areas of expertise including manufacturing and industrials, financial services and technology, and we work with colleagues in other FleishmanHillard offices across our the Europe, Middle East and Africa region as well as with key offices around the world.
- 6-month remunerated stage
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Candidates will have a first working experience relating to communications, ideally with some experience in the energy sector or energy issues. This experience should ideally be acquired working with the EU institutions, EU trade associations, in-house or through a communications consultancy.
The successful candidate will have:
Excellent writing skills for web, print and social media
- A high degree of fluency in English a must
- An interest in energy policy
- Experience in the use of social media channels for communications relating to public policy
- Strong focus in a career in communications
- A desire to further develop digital, social and creative strategy expertise
- Dynamic team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of client business operations (beyond communications)
- Must be motivated and results-driven
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in most common business software applications
- A basic knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
The main responsibilities will include:
- Being vocal publicly through blogs and social media, proactively building a network through attending relevant events
- Assisting in the development of communication strategies and tactics, including social media.
- Meeting & event organisation, logistics and follow-up
- Providing political intelligence services in support of public affairs programmes
- Assisting with production of new business proposals
Our philosophy hinges on supportive team working and we look for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to be part of a market-leading, high caliber and culturally rich group. FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, and results is what distinguishes us in our market.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please apply on our website: http://fleishmanhillard.com/careers/ .
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call314-982-6283or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.