Citi Junior Valuation Control Analyst - Credit in Budapest, Hungary
Primary Location: Hungary,Budapest,Budapest
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 17065145
Valuation Control Group is an independent group of subject matter experts within Product Control, Finance Division.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Desk Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Validation, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms and the regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation policy.
The role is part of the Valuation Control Group team in Budapest.
VCG’s primary responsibility is to reasonably ensure that risk portfolios are fairly valued in accordance with applicable standards and regulatory requirements. It works with trading and quantitative groups to fully understand the impact of valuation uncertainty on the desk’s level of pricing and any accompanying fair value adjustments. It also participates in the approval of new products, where appropriate.
• A member of Valuation Control Group in Budapest
• Performing valuation control processes across Credit businesses in EMEA, including price-testing and valuation adjustment calculations, reporting and analysis
• Addressing valuation issues across a wide range of Credit products (vanilla and complex products)
• Designing and implementing valuation adjustments and price-testing methodologies
• Particular attention to the design of controls
• Identifying pricing issues that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the risks involved
• Exposure to a number of different cash and derivative products
• Understanding around pricing and price verification approaches for various derivative products
• Understanding accounting standards on fair value reporting for derivatives
• Understanding the regulatory impact on valuation and pricing
• Developing a control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities
Knowledge and Experience:
• 0-2 years experience in a Valuation, Risk or Product Control related function
• Experience with Credit products and derivatives is a plus
• Strong product knowledge
• Knowledge of modern derivative pricing methodologies and hedging practices
• Highly computer literate, with excellent knowledge of Excel and Access (VBA / SQL)
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical environment
• Ability to interpret and analyse large volume and at times complex information
• Attention to detail and strong process improvement capabilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to discuss and explain pricing concepts
• Higher degree in economics, finance, mathematics, sciences, or other engineering disciplines preferable
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Desire to learn and develop continuously
• Ability to manage time and work priorities efficiently and effectively
• Ability to perform effectively within a time pressurised environment
• A proven track record of working in teams