Google Associate Corporate Counsel in Buenos Aires, Argentina
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
In this role, you’ll draft a variety of commercial agreements primarily focusing on inbound services agreements and outsourcing agreements to support Google’s procurement needs. You’ll support a range of functional areas within Google. This means you are highly organized and calm, and you pay close attention to detail. A deep understanding of Google's business and the ability to think quickly and practically are essential attributes for this job.
- Review, draft and negotiate inbound services agreements, advertising services agreements, sales contracts, outsourcing agreements, and intellectual property licenses on a daily basis.
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Licensing, and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Maintain templates and support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Develop expertise in a range of Google functional areas and processes and build relationships with business clients in several different teams.
- Advise management, business clients and U.S. legal teams on various aspects of Argentinian law and also advise on legal issues and risks, agreement structures and company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Law.
- Qualified to practice law in Argentina.
- Experience in drafting and advising clients on commercial contracts, in private practice or in an in-house team
- Experience drafting contracts in English.
- LLM degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex strategic agreements.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters.
- Knowledge of contract, commercial, IP, IT and data protection law.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.