BDO Senior Accountant, Tax in Calgary, Alberta
BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant beginning immediately with our Calgary team. This is an opportunity to work within an engaging team on tax consulting and compliance engagements for a diverse client base. This position has the opportunity to grow quickly within the firm while gaining valuable experience with planning and compliance tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Preparation of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms. This work may include an initial focus on preparation work while working towards reviewing all of the returns. Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience.
• Prepare tax accrual working in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
• Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
• Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
• Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
• Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
• Effectively communicating internally on various tax matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
• Minimum three years’ experience within public practice with significant exposure to Tax engagements.
• Professional designation required (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) with a successful completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course (Level 1 at minimum)
• Ability to manage multiple priorities within a busy work environment.
• Flexible to work independently as well as within a team.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
System ID: 2017-4496
Job Type (EN): Full Time
Years of Experience: 3
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Accounting and Auditing Services
External Company URL: www.bdo.ca