Allergan Administrative Assistant in California
California, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/784/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 05, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Join our bold team! Learn more at www.Allergan.com.
Under indirect supervision, provides administrative and secretarial support to assigned Sr. Director(s), R&D Project Management (and their teams). Supports the day-to-day activities of the Irvine PM office.
Collaborates with the Irvine and New Jersey administrative team for R&D Project Management to manage daily operations, of which a detailed list is provided below. Ensures all administrative commitments and requirements are executed in a timely manner. Will have access to confidential information and will maintain the highest level of confidentiality and exercise these principles in interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· Handles assigned administrative responsibilities for the Irvine R&D Project Management team, as directed by the Sr. Director.
· Maintains calendar of the assigned Sr. Director(s) and manages schedules, determining priorities, and ensuring efficient management and/or organization of meetings; Coordinates all travel reservations for the Sr. Director(s). May support other department staff on limited basis.
· Prepares expense reports, expedites and tracks processing of all expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions for assigned Sr. Director(s).
· Makes recommendations to ensure the efficient handling of administrative matters and tracks special projects/initiatives to completion.
· Provides support for computer and office maintenance, purchasing of office supplies and office equipment maintenance.
· Serves as key gatekeeper for and inquiries from other external stakeholders; field and transfer calls to appropriate internal departments.
· Exercises a high degree of diplomacy, tact, and professionalism.
· Demonstrated excellent computer skills with special emphasis on calendaring, presentation, and spreadsheet capabilities.
· Working knowledge of company policies, procedures and operations.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels within Allergan.
· Creative, flexible, well organized, resourceful and detail oriented.
· Excellent judgement in handling confidential, legal, or sensitive information.
· Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency and little or no supervision.
· Possess team spirit, can-do attitude, and entrepreneurial style.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Knowledge of SAP and Aero is beneficial
· High school degree; college graduate preferred.
· 5-10+ years of increasingly responsible administrative and secretarial experience