Allergan Health Science Associate in California
Health Science Associate
California, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/741/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 03, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
Join our bold team! Learn more at www.Allergan.com.
Under supervision of the Senior Director, Medical Scientific Information, Health Science Associates (HSA) assess and drive the strategic development and management of Medical Affairs communications across Allergan’s product portfolio. For designated therapeutic area of responsibility, each HSA facilitates dissemination of scientific and medical information in response to internal/external scientific inquiries and ensures that developed scientific information provided is timely, technically accurate and in compliance with corporate policies and initiatives. Represents Medical Affairs on the Advertising and Promotional Content review team facilitating cross-functional review of promotional material and marketing activities across Allergan’s product portfolio. Develops strategies and solutions to ensure all Allergan pharmaceutical advertising and promotional materials are scientifically accurate. Efficiently manages and appropriately prioritizes reviews/approvals to meet estimated timelines (as outlined in SOP). Lead scientific liaison for Medical Affairs managing educational training needs across the portfolio to various internal stakeholders.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
· For designated therapeutic area of responsibility, searches, reviews, and summarizes available data in medical journals, textbooks, abstracts, and digital databases to strategically develop scientific and medical communications in a coherent, unbiased and scientific manner for dissemination to internal and external stakeholders. Drives up-to-date, integrative summaries of medical scientific information and monitors quality of standard responses.
· Manages the development and dissemination of scientific communications; formulates and fosters standard responses to unsolicited medical and scientific inquiries; streamlines procedural review and update of Medical Affairs scientific resources.
· Represents Medical Affairs on the Advertising and Promotional Content review team facilitating cross-functional review of promotional material and marketing activities. Develops strategies and solutions to ensure all Allergan pharmaceutical advertising and promotional materials are scientifically accurate. Efficiently manages and appropriately prioritizes reviews/approvals to meet estimated timelines (as outlined in SOP).
· Lead scientific liaison for Medical Affairs managing educational training needs across the portfolio to various internal stakeholders. Advises and recommends updates to maximize the training material and the learning needs of commercial scientific training.
· Advanced health science education or equivalent combination of education and experience required. (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred)
· 1-5 years’ experience in clinical practice, academic research, pharmaceuticals, regulatory/scientific, or medical liaison environment