DynCorp International LLC. Computer Support Specialist (Technician) in CAMP DOHA, Kuwait
The personal computer support technician provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Provide personal computer support technician provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals.
- Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations.
- Performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Including:
- Install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals
- Configure operating systems
- Load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs.
- Troubleshoot computer problems.
- Perform hardware and software diagnostics, coordinate repairs, resolve computer system problems.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the DynCorp Program Manager or designated representative
Knowledge & Skills
- Mastery of Microsoft computer program such as Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- Knowledge to operate general office equipment.
Experience & Education
- Completed an Associate’s degree in relevant field. AND
- Two (2) years of work experience installing, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing personal computer software and hardware.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Some work outside with temperatures reaching 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 80/20 Office & Outside Environments.
- Lift Pull of 20lbs, frequent lifting and stooping and standing as needed.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, SENIOR
Skill Group 3.9* (approx. 1 FTEs)*
Maintains Metrology Workshop computer systems.
(a) Ensure that Metrology recall computer system at the Main laboratory and the FCAs are maintained. Be able to troubleshoot and repair all hardware and software problems as they occur.
(b) Be able to maintain, troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair hardware and software problems on the in-house Metrology computer SQL network server system.
(c) Have an understanding of basic software and database application design.
(d) Develop new software application programs as required.
As Systems Administrator, shall be responsible for the administrative and operational functions of the Metrology computer systems.
(a) Tasks will include installing all software, configuring servers and clients, managing and monitoring the systems, creating devices and databases, authorizing system users, transferring data in and out of SQL server databases, backing up and restoring databases and diagnosing system problems.
A. Completion of a four (4) year degree in from an accredited school, or equivalent military school, related to computer science, or computer engineering and have five (5) years of work experience as a network systems administrator. AND
B. Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) for Windows Server 2003 or later.
Primary Location: KUWAIT-OCONUS-CAMP DOHA
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2017, 11:16:44 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: FN1702600