Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Utility Operators (Coil) 659788 in Canton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball is one of the world's largest manufacturers of food cans, aerosol cans, paint & general line cans, and specialty metal tins. Fruits, vegetables, soup, meat, beverages, or pet food - we make a metal can that protects products and displays them beautifully. Ball is North America's largest producer of 3-piece steel aerosol cans, Europe's leading supplier of extruded aluminum aerosol cans and the world's largest producer of aluminum slugs (disks that are later extruded into cans and bottles).
Ball is a Lean/SixSigma environment – exposure to these tools and methods is preferred.
The Warner facility produces steel and aluminum easy-open ends (EZO) for Ball’s metal food & household products packaging division. Future plans are to expand the plant’s products into lithography products and services. The location, when fully staffed, will employ approximately 110 employees. Located in Canton, Ohio, approximately 60 miles south of Cleveland, the plant has been part of Ball Corporation since 2015. Canton is home to many well-known national landmarks including the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plant’s production goals, overall business plans, and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Performs routine manual or mechanical production functions necessary to operate the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Stages and maintains in-process materials and follows proper banding procedures.
- Assists in preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Performs on-the-job training and development of assigned personnel.
- Conducts inspection of in-process materials and in-process finished products.
- Assists in replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area as supplied.
- Performs record keeping duties as required under the direction of management such as tracking plate, SPC charting, and recording lost production.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Required to work scheduled shift per the needs of the plant. While the regular working cycle of this position is usually 4 days on, 4 days off, rotating monthly days to nights, working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: statistical process controls.
- Required on-the-job and classroom training including SPC.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to learn all assigned equipment and products.
- Ability to identify product defects.
- Ability to effectively train personnel.
- Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Maintains an awareness, and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Works in a manufacturing environment.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.