Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Our Retail Teams seek committed, service-oriented individuals who are passionate about educating and outfitting customers with the products we sell. Typical positions in our Retail Stores include sales and cashier specialists, retail management, merchandise stockers and ski/bike technicians. We offer flexible schedules and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Join our Retail Team where you will find supportive leadership, a committed staff and an engaging work culture.
The role of CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN (CT) has the primary responsibility for operating the store’s service department, ensuring safety standards are met and providing exceptional customer service. Specific responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and monitoring the production of shop work to meet customer demand
- Working with management to build, train and certify a team of technicians to carry out shop service and rental department functions.
- Managing risk to REI by ensuring all shop employees are trained and certified to the level of work they perform and all work meets REI and vendor quality and safety specifications.
- Assembling and repairing action sports equipment to REI and/or vendor standards
- Preserving complete and accurate shop records and maintaining record keeping systems
- Completing Post Accident inspections and reports as necessary
- Acting as liaison between customer, store, AHQ, and vendor on resolving highest-level repair problems
- Resolving action sports equipment non-conformity and warranty issues
- Researching and reporting significant quality and safety issues to Assistant Store Manager and the Product Quality Research Analyst at AHQ. Advising of alternatives or solutions before proceeding with work.
- Ordering shop materials, tools, supplies, and parts
- Assisting immediate supervisor in evaluating staff needs including hiring, scheduling and evaluating staff performance
- Maintaining equipment and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment-THE REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of Barnett Bicycle Institute/REI certification within 6 months of hire
- Qualified applicants should have 2-3 years bike and/or ski shop experience or equivalent and previous shop management experience is preferred.
- Proven problem-solving ability: effectively identifying, analyzing, following through and resolving issues and a proven ability to show attention to detail
- Interest in working in an environment committed to providing a superior sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others, and build a strong shop team.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills: clear, concise and positive. Proven ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers.
- Demonstrated personal effectiveness and interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive offering which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
A work environment where RESPECT, INTEGRITY, and BALANCE are just a few of our fundamental values!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.