Apria Clinical Account Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Title: Clinical Account Manager
Job Number: 046262
Apria Healthcare is one of nation’s leading providers of home healthcare products and services including respiratory therapy, sleep apnea therapy, non-invasive ventilation therapy, enteral nutrition therapy, negative pressure wound therapy and home medical equipment. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Apria owns and operates branch locations across the nation and serves more than 1.8 million patients each year. With over $1 Billion in annual revenues, Apria is one of the largest home healthcare companies in the United States. Apria was the first company of its type to obtain voluntary accreditation from The Joint Commission and has been continuously accredited for more than 25 years. For more information, visit
What Can You Expect with Apria!
Our careers offer an exciting mix of accountability, responsibility, and visibility. We employ great people who deliver best-in-class results that truly make a difference. Being hired into one of our Clinical Sales Account Manager positions, you will be a key member of the sales team.
By joining Apria’s sales team you will have the opportunity to combine your clinical skills and marketing experience in a business development setting.
You will have the opportunity to develop and maintain relationships with case managers, nursing and physicians as well as external partners such as product sales experts and clinicians.
We encourage you to learn more about how a career at Apria may be the perfect match for your personal skills and goals. Then bring us your innovation, your fresh ideas…your desire to succeed! If you would like to learn more about Apria Healthcare we invite you to visit
This position is primarily responsible for selling and servicing Apria products and services at their assigned hospitals and medical groups. This includes generating clinical demand, facilitating discharge of patients from Acute Care settings, providing education on usage of therapeutic equipment for NPWT, Enteral Nutrition, and NIV to patient and caregivers, procuring required paperwork for billing and coordinating logistics of equipment for home delivery with patient and branch staff. This position will work with the Branch Managers to develop and execute specific strategies and tactics to achieve sales (quarterly quota), customer satisfaction and profitability goals. The applicant must be highly motivated, flexible, and sales/service oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts daily sales calls to high potential case managers, doctors and other sales targets in assigned accounts as determined by Branch Managers • Creates and maintains call plans to qualify new and maintain existing referrals to grow the business • Enters call plan and outcomes into the CRM system • Partners with the Branch Managers to review call plan to achieve strategic goals • Collaborates with case managers, payers, referral sources, home health agencies and Apria intake staff to facilitate discharges
• Obtains supportive documentation for clinical and financial patient care management • Provides patient/caregiver initial education and documentation around usage of equipment and/or supplies for wound care and other therapies • Communicates follow-up information to case managers after patient discharge
• Identifies on-site educational opportunities with hospital staff • Provides continuing education programs as needed to on-site hospital and payer case managers • Identifies and develops strategic relationships within the institution that will enhance patient care • Facilitates communication amongst all members of the patient care team • Identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care • Participates in the institution's quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives as requested • Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse or Registered Dietitian or Registration/Certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) in appropriate state of practice with at least 1 year of related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations • Four-year college degree with two years of medical sales experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Successful completion of Apria’s training and competency assessments • Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers • Learn and comply with all Department of Transportation requirements determined for use of Apria vehicles • Must possess a valid driver’s license • Willingness to participate in ongoing training and development • Geographically located within the assigned territory
• English (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear.
The employee uses computer and telephone equipment.
Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Job: Clinical - Sales