Strata Solar Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Title:Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Department:Operations & Maintenance
Strata Solar is seeking a Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to join our Operations and Maintenance team.
Strata Solar is a leading developer, builder, owner, and operator of commercial and utility-scale solar farms; ranked amongst the top five solar producers in the US. We understand that our employees are the lifeblood of the company. We strive to align company goals with those of our employees. We're constantly innovating to make a difference for our customers, our employees and our planet. Our mission is to make a difference by developing cost efficient alternatives to traditional energy sources, without long-term dependence on government subsidies. We’re leading the south in sustainable energy careers. We hope you’ll join us.
The Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will work within a team and supervise the performance of various required facilities maintenance activities on numerous solar power generation plants throughout the assigned region. While the primary focus will be the maintenance of ground cover and vegetative buffers through mechanical and chemical means, the Solar Facilities Technician Supervisor will also assist in the maintenance and repair of various power generation components as necessary. This individual will receive comprehensive on-the-job and classroom-based training pertaining to site maintenance and safe work practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all co-workers and contractors demonstrate safe work practices in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, state and local codes, and company safety policies and procedures during the performance of facilities management activities.
• Supervise and conduct on-site scheduled vegetation maintenance and abatement on solar power generation plants.
• Supervise and conduct routine maintenance and repair of vegetation management equipment including, but not limited to mowers, tractors, string-trimmers, hedge trimmers, rotary cutters, other tractor implements, and hand tools.
• Ensure that assigned vehicle, tooling, electrical devices, software, and company property are maintained and accounted for.
• Perform weekly and monthly SWPP and SPCC inspections as needed.
• Perform additional facilities management activities including, but not limited to monthly transformer inspections, environmental sensor cleaning, semi-annual transformer pressure optimization, and annual 100% array inspections on solar power generation plants as needed.
• Support Emergency Response Plan as needed.
• Support O&M First Response activities as needed.
• Submit biweekly payroll data for employees.
• Schedule and maintain training record for team and maintenance records for all vehicles and equipment.
• Assist with and/or lead interdepartmental maintenance activities as needed.
• The Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Solar Facilities Regional Manager in the assigned region.
• The Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor’s direct reports include assigned Solar Facilities Maintenance Technicians.
• The Solar Facilities Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for solar facilities maintenance schedules, maintenance logs, and evaluations of supervised personnel.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Clear understanding of safe work place practices and procedure.
• Ability to receive and distribute direction and complete tasks with minimal oversight.
• Must have the ability to travel, work on-call during off-shift hours and weekends.
• Ability to operate in a manner consistent with organizational policies, procedures, and vision.
• Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with subordinates, peers, supervisor, and all other individuals both within and outside of the organization.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Work is to be performed in the field and occasionally in the field office.
• Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required- including but not limited to, hard hat, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
• Must have the ability to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, or walk short distances for 8-10 hours a day.
• Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
This job description is intended to describe the essential job functions of this position and is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of job responsibilities.