Insignia Technology Services Technical Writer in Charleston, South Carolina
Insignia Technology Services has a contingent opening for a Technical Writer to support a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) contract. The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and editing technical documents, such as User Guides, Whitepapers, Executive Summaries, Security Briefings which will require some customer software application knowledge.
Full Time Position
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson
- Responsible to work with developers and engineers to refine documents, tailored for their specific project requirement
- Ensure final product is professional in appearance and meets all internal and external requirements
- Manage complex documentation projects
- 2+ years of experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience
- Ability to communicate effectively with the customer and other SMEs concerning requirements and have the skills to translate them into functional requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people including but not limited to the customer, technical lead, software engineers, and testers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or field closely related.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust, 5 yr. BI clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
- Charleston, SC
Honorably discharged US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Position: Technical Writer (Job ID: 1205)
Location: Charleston, SC
Job Id: 1205
# of Openings: 1